Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread editing/deletion by mods and/or staff

Feedback Score

Thread editing/deletion by mods and/or staff

I dont mind that threads are cleaned up, its definitely necessary sometimes. BUT - I think it is VERY awkward when posts are modified and no one knows the better, there should be a little "edited by (Insert MOD/Staff name here)", so we are all on the same page.

What do you guys/gals think?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Generally when edit a post we provide a brief explanation.

Can you give me an example? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc
    Generally when edit a post we provide a brief explanation.

Can you give me an example? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.

I agree that this thread needed to be cleaned up, but somethings were changed by GotM4 and nothing was marked.

To put words in someone elses thread without citing that you did so, just puts things in a little grey area...but this is all just my simple opinion

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3433

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I kind of put it out there that people were getting off subject and acting up. So I am ok with him editing that thread
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    He said he cleaned it up, etc., so I don't understand the problem. If all of the crap is left out there for people to read, what is the point of cleaning it up? Some sites just have disappearing threads. If the person who started the thread wants to have it closed or edited, it seems to me that is his/her prerogative.
    John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?" -- Stephen Wright

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor
    I agree that this thread needed to be cleaned up, but somethings were changed by GotM4 and nothing was marked.

To put words in someone elses thread without citing that you did so, just puts things in a little grey area...but this is all just my simple opinion

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3433
    You need to look at the post again. The non-productive crap was deleted.

Derek,
    If rule No. 1 isn't followed, edits or locks will occur (kinda the reason mods are here). I didn't add words to anyones post(s) I deleted them. If members here aren't going to follow the rules they can leave. I don't make the rules I enforce them. Deal with it.

A reminder of the rules if you or anyone else haven't seen or read them.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?fa...q_new_faq_item

Here's a reminder of Rule No.1: