Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammunition: how much & where to store

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I feel that anything over 500 rounds per person is probably only good for bartering. If you are in a self defense scenario, and you shoot more than that, then count yourself lucky if you survive and go take the bad guys ammo that you just defeated.
    This x2

My SHTF ammo stash is 300 rds 75gr 5.56 TAP loaded into 10 magazines. If i have to use more then that, then things are gettin pretty ugly and ill just pick it up from those who disturbed my peace.

EDIT: its a great idea, though, if you have the money to keep lots of spare ammo in a different, isolated location. Right now, a huge ammo stock pile is not my top concern, however, once i get everything else squared away ill start building a huge ammo stockpile in the case of an extended shtf event.
    Last edited by Mr.Goodtimes; 07-24-09 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    This x2

My SHTF ammo stash is 300 rds 75gr 5.56 TAP loaded into 10 magazines. If i have to use more then that, then things are gettin pretty ugly and ill just pick it up from those who disturbed my peace.

EDIT: its a great idea, though, if you have the money to keep lots of spare ammo in a different, isolated location. Right now, a huge ammo stock pile is not my top concern, however, once i get everything else squared away ill start building a huge ammo stockpile in the case of an extended shtf event.
    My worst case SHTF scenario would be an extended event. I hope it's not 500 rounds per encounter

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While its "NOT" the best stuff by far I have a case (1000rds) of Wolf 55gr Copper H/P's, a case (1000rds) of Federal 9mm 115gr +P+ H/P's, 2500rds of .22LR, 200rds of buckshot and 200rds of slugs plus 500rds of .44 magnum at both of are bug out locations. Each location has ten Mil-Spec AR magazines followed by ten Hi-Cap Glock magazines and 10 steel lipped 10/22 magazines. While all the loads are not the best stuff on the market I was able to afford it just to sit around. As to the weapons a "Random" "Basic" search of my vehicle would have negative results for two Bushies and Glocks, and while I would hate to go this route I will not allow my family to be sheep and a world of predators. My bug out locations each have a Ruger 10/22, Remington 870, Winchester Model 94 Trapper .44mag, H&R .223/5.56 scoped single shot and Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. These were all very low cost used firearms which function 100% so we would have something just encase the home base was not accessible before the bug-out. Its not the best stuff but its better then throwing rocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12