Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul oil bottle!

Feedback Score
    Agree, good idea. But, make this bottle a quality bottle with good durable threads and a leak proof nozzle. I hate oil bottles that constantly wick oil out and make a mess of your shooting bag, cleaning table or anything else they contact.
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It also needs to be covered in tactical grip tape and have a sling swivel.

Can it also function as a survival knife, carbon scraper, and front sight tool?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is well beyond the point of simply being a good idea -- this really needs to be done. Brilliant!

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hogged out one of the 3 round plugs for my MIAD and it holds one of those really little bottles (like the size of an MRE tabasco) of "Machine Gunner's Lube" that Larue includes with every order I've placed. It's not enough to seriously get the gun slicked up but plenty to soak the whole BCG or fix an "oh shit"... Give it a try. The 3 round plug is a great idea but I said the same thing first time I saw it figuring I'd forget about them and wind up in trouble.
    Last edited by igoswoop; 09-03-09 at 22:24.

Feedback Score
    well is my garage version of this idea, works pretty well and at 1/4 oz holds enough lube to be effective

Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way. We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions-Aristotle

The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid-Marcus Aurelius

For these things give thanks at nightfall:
    The day gone, a guttered torch,
    A sword tested, the troth of a maid,
    Ice crossed, ale drunk- Havamal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by igoswoop View Post
    I hogged out one of the 3 round plugs for my MIAD and it holds one of those really little bottles (like the size of an MRE tabasco) of "Machine Gunner's Lube" that Larue includes with every order I've placed.
    I've got a couple of these(Gunner's lube) from Larue. I tried to refill one empty bottle, but unfortunately I didn't manage to as it has some kind of seal inside. I actually "loaned" a syringe and needle from work to try to refill it, but no luck.
    (I've still got one full bottle left, but I can't find it right now )

Quote Originally Posted by gruntinhusaybah View Post
    well is my garage version of this idea, works pretty well and at 1/4 oz holds enough lube to be effective

This is more like it, what kind of bottle is that?
    Last edited by Makarov; 09-07-09 at 14:31.
    Thomas

der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

Feedback Score
    Makarov, it's just a generic 1/4 oz. dropper. I'll see if I can find the email conf. I got from them so Ican give you the site.

Unless LaRue started using different bottles recently, you should be able to refill them no problem. Unscrew the cap and the nozzle part, just above the threads pulls right out.

Also, if you are set on the LaRue battle bottle size:
    these are the only ones in stock right now and they're about 2/3 the size of the LaRue bottles
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...er_bottle.html

My previous offer still stands, if anyone wants one of those bottles I pictured above just let me know
    Last edited by gruntinhusaybah; 09-07-09 at 14:43.
    Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way. We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions-Aristotle

The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid-Marcus Aurelius

For these things give thanks at nightfall:
    The day gone, a guttered torch,
    A sword tested, the troth of a maid,
    Ice crossed, ale drunk- Havamal

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This thread is awesome.

Aren't the MOE grip cores essentially "hollow"?

The MOE cores could be used as handy homemade mounting bases for clever ideas such as the OP's.

Seriously, I would be far more inclined to use a grip core for oil than just about anything else.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 09-10-09 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mike Olivella
    Airborne Training Director
    Solkoa, Inc.

www.solkoa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    I've got a couple of these(Gunner's lube) from Larue. I tried to refill one empty bottle, but unfortunately I didn't manage to as it has some kind of seal inside. I actually "loaned" a syringe and needle from work to try to refill it, but no luck.
    (I've still got one full bottle left, but I can't find it right now )

This is more like it, what kind of bottle is that?
    Outstanding! On TOS we made mention for Magpul to offer a solid base that people could Drill/Tap/epoxy on to add what ever they want.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast