Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech XPS line?

Feedback Score

Eotech XPS line?

I am currently looking at a Red dot for my 6940. I was nearly getting ready to drop the coin ($640) on the Aimpoint T1 in a Larue mount when I saw that Eotech had come out with the XPS line. It seems like their attempt to compete with the T1's.

Question: Does anyone have real world experiences with the new XPS? Anything positive/negative or suggestions would be appreciated very much. So far, the price on the XPS compared to the Aimpoint really has caught my attention. ($469.00 for the XPS). I have also read the thread on "Eotech Banner" and find this very interesting as well. This gun is my duty rifle and rides with me every night.

Nonetheless, let the opinions/comments/thoughts fly!

Much appreciated, Ky Cop.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have heard that the battery compartment is much more robust than previous models but have heard nothing on performance.

Feedback Score
    I believe that was Eotech's biggest shortcoming. I hope the new XPS line will address the issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm interested to try one of these. The turning of the battery comment should solve one of the major issues seen with the Eo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CryingWolf View Post
    Just get the Aimpoint you will be happier. Now that we have that one out of the way.

I am sure someone will come along to mention that EOTech will explode for no reason when you least expect it. Also how you only have ten minutes battery life.

With that said I would love to try the EOTech XPS on my shotgun.
    I am really excited about these little red dots coming on the market. Just like you and NCpatrolAR, I want to see someone that has hammered a few rounds down range with an XPS. Are they so new that not many people even have them yet? I have looked for street/range reviews on them and cant find a whole lot worth buying into.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    Hey, thanks CLHC! I read the article and it again was informative like the "Eotech Banner" thread. I noticed that the article was dated in February. I was hoping that Stickman would respond in reference to the carbine class that he was taking that involved several Eotech sights. You would think that L3 have been taking notes and made several improvements on the new XPS model. Its been so hard to find anyone in the forum that has actually put one on the range.

I am really looking forward to see if this new sight will be street worthy. The only thing it has going right now is the size, and the price.
    Ky Cop
    I think the sights are fairly new. I'm just now starting to see them pop up in stores.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    I think the sights are fairly new. I'm just now starting to see them pop up in stores.
    I think I will give it a few weeks before making a purchase. I am sure several of the guys on here will be procuring them in due time.. (smoke coming from the back of my jeans as the money is burning a hole in my pocket). Its only a matter of time till the wife knows I actually have money....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    I think I will give it a few weeks before making a purchase. I am sure several of the guys on here will be procuring them in due time.. (smoke coming from the back of my jeans as the money is burning a hole in my pocket). Its only a matter of time till the wife knows I actually have money....
    My wife has a tendency to know before hand, I don't know how she does it. It's like she can read my mind or something. Oh yeah she keeps track of the accounts.

I always intended to put an EOTech on my S&W M&P15A from the day I bought it. I picked up the 517 just a couple months ago. I have had no issue with the sight. To be fair though I haven't been through a carbine course but I am sure there are some who have. Also, from the time I bought my S&W to the time I bought the EOTech, I still did quite a bit of research.

I would pick up the XPS, from a reputable store with a good return policy, and try it out. If it doesn't immediately explode or die or do something weird, then keep it and return it if it does. If it just works out of the box, trust that EOTech will treat you right if you ever do have any problems.

My Mossberg 930 SPX is just begging for a EOTech XPS.

P.S. If you do get one let us know how it works out good or bad.
    This is a test of my signature, if this had been an actual signature you would be instructed to read very carefully.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had the opportunity over the last few days to hammer out a few rounds with one during the Viking Tactics Street Fighter class and I will have to say that I think EoTech may have finally gotten it right. Does anyone know where I can get a deal on one because I'm going to purchase one in the next few days.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 07-27-09 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Am I reading the specs right? 600 hours of battery life?
    Principles matter.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast