Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech XPS line?

Feedback Score
    Would the man who has used a Eo XPS please stand up. Just looking for some first impressions and or thoughts on the new sight. I am clear on the ever lasting heated battle over the years of Eotech Vs. Aimpoint.

Just wanting to know if the new XPS is and improvement over the other models.
    Sorry to get everyone all fired up.
    Ky Cop

Feedback Score
    I am counting on you JFreuler and Steve! You guys are the only one that have laid hands on one at this point.......:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    KC, I have one but only have limited rounds through it at this point. I'm happy with it so far (I've previously owned a 512 and a 553 with no issues). I've got a T-1 and H-1 on other carbines as well.

One minor difference noted from previous Eotech models is the adjustment directions are a bit more visible on the right side of the unit (white lettering). I'll snap a photo tomorrow when I get home.

I got mine through BCM, but you can can it a little cheaper going the Live Search/Ebay/Paypal/Cashback route (8% cashback).
    Last edited by Fireguy275; 07-30-09 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    I am counting on you JFreuler and Steve! You guys are the only one that have laid hands on one at this point.......:
    Just for you Kentucky Cop to hold you over. These pictures were taken during the recent Viking Tactics Street FIghter Class.

Look closely and you will see the EOTech XPS.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    JFreuler - thanks for the pictures!! I'm in the market for one the same as KC. I just stayed behind cover during this post. Actually, I learned a lot and am also now considering holding out for an Aimpoint H-1.

KC - the best price that I found is from Botach. $412.64 shipped. Enter Eotech for the coupon code. But, I will not order from them.
    Last edited by DJK; 07-30-09 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    JFreuler - thanks for the pictures!! I'm in the market for one the same as KC. I just stayed behind cover during this post. Actually, I learned a lot and am also now considering holding out for an Aimpoint H-1.

KC - the best price that I found is from Botach. $412.64 shipped. Enter Eotech fore the coupon code. But, I will not order from them.

The information that has been disseminated about the Aimpoint vs. EOTech in this thread and in the blog that was linked is not earth shattering news and has been discussed many times before in the last few years. I have quite a few Aimpoints so after shooting some with the EOTech XPS sight, I liked what I saw and I thought I would be a open minded and give it a try.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is the XPS raised up for lower 1/3 cowitness when mounted directly to the receiver rail?

Hopefully not, as I like the LaRue QD mount for my Eotechs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post

KC - the best price that I found is from Botach. $412.64 shipped. Enter Eotech for the coupon code. But, I will not order from them.
    A few guys on the big forum ordered their XPS from Botach and received them without a problem. YMMV. But this isn't a post about that.

I'm getting super close in pulling the trigger on one based on curiosity. It's something "new" so to speak. I have a 3 day course coming up in mid Sept. Perfect opportunity for me to test it out.
    Hopefully there will be more evaluations before that time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Is the XPS raised up for lower 1/3 cowitness when mounted directly to the receiver rail?

Hopefully not, as I like the LaRue QD mount for my Eotechs.
    No, you're in luck.

Feedback Score
    yes my pre production pryototype has been RTN to factory

I have 2 new units coming Sat.

they will get a lot of use in upcoming classes im taking and teaching this year.

Im a huge AP fan. I like the fact my bedside gun hasnt been turned off in 3 years.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast