Thread: $249 Mossberg 500?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

$249 Mossberg 500?

I was poking around a local cop shop today and found a Mossberg 500 on consignment for $249. It's a 18.5" barrel, 6+1 capacity, single bead on the muzzle, and a 6-round side saddle.

Seem like a good deal? Would I be lowballing the owner if I offered an even $200?
    Last edited by citizensoldier16; 07-27-09 at 16:36.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score

Meh

This one?
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/39622

If it is in nice shape $200, is reasonable IMO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, its that model...with an additional 6-rd holder on the side. The tag says $249 but I figure since it's consignment, I'll offer $200. Any other opinions?
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score

Well

Go to dicks and buy the home defense combo.

Start bidding and get the hack saw ready. Remember they cost like $205 at Walmart brand new.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=135132689

Feedback Score
    For a basic "riot gun" I think that is a pretty good deal. If you are looking to use it as the base of a more tactical type build, then I would look towards a 590A1 or 870P. My grandpa has owned a basic 18.5 Mossy with wood furniture for a really long time, and it has always been a nice reliable, handy little shotgun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kiesler's put this out this morning:

Dept. Trade-In Mossberg 590A1 12ga. 2 and 3/4 and 3 inch shells. Park, Speedfeed Stock, USED working condition. Limited Quantity. Shipping extra.
    Price: $239.00
    They appear to be 20", with a bead, but the 590 is preferred to the 500. Take note of the following, and make sure you qualify before inquiring:

KIESLER'S DOES NOT SELL TO OR DEAL WITH THE CIVILIAN MARKET, INDIVIDUALS, OR FFL DEALERS. KIESLER'S ONLY DEALS WITH, ISSUES QUOTES TO, AND SELLS TO FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES, INDIVIDUAL OFFICERS, RESERVE OFFICERS, AFFILIATED GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, US MILITARY, INDIVIDUAL MILITARY PERSONNEL, RETIRED MILITARY WITH RETIRED ID, AFFILIATED TRAINING FACILITIES.