Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAR - Viking Tactics Street Fighter 25-27 JUL, Smithfield, NC-Pics Up!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AAR - Viking Tactics Street Fighter 25-27 JUL, Smithfield, NC-Pics Up!!!

1) Shooter ready

2) Make car noises

3) Contact front.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 07-28-09 at 21:33.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    1) Shooter ready

2) Make car noises

3) Contact front.
    Dude you can do better than that!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    Dude you can do better than that!!!!
    You know he has just gotten plain lazy since the vet fixed him!
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    You know he has just gotten plain lazy since the vet fixed him!
    I'm glad you called me when you did, dude. I was starting to nod off on the way back from this class.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    More pictures.

Jersey cop getting some with the pistol. The Jersey guys were very GTG and were hard as woodpecker lips. They all wore their kit for the entire class.

Shooter attempting to engage targets but forget to compensate for the sight height over bore issue. Look at the sideview mirror.

Shooter engaging steel targets around the rear corner of the vehicle.

Kyle showing one of the Jersey guys some love. I really think Kyle was wanting and actually enjoyed the lap dance.

Jack shooting through the side of the vehicle with an AK.

This rifle locked up due to a blown primer. We had several instances where blown primers locked up rifles. Even though this was not XM193 it struck again during this class from blown primers to primers failing to detonate.

Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 08-07-09 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    This class was the best one I have taken. Ever.

Everyone in the class was a good shooter. Several in the class were some serious dudes that shot serious. Ask them no questions, and they'd tell you no lies.

The instructors were beyond serious dudes. Kyle is a 10,000 year old Jedi and Dan is his 8,000 year old sidekick.

Kyle and Dan took the time anytime you asked to help you get something right. They were proactive and would stop you mid-drill to get you going in the right direction. They made sure that you learned. I have new wrinkles in my brain and will never think the same about shooting again.

Have some new drills to practice and need to make a fancy barricade for the home range.

Here are my takeaways:

If you are a couch potato, get in shape before a class like this. It was VERY physical. Lots of explosive movements, sprinting, transitioning to cover, etc. I'm a runner and strength train three times a week, and I am still sore in the legs and thighs. If you are doing Crossfit, P90X, plyometrics or are forced by people with credentials to PT often, you'll be GTG. If not, do squats, jumpies, mountain climbers and sprinting days for several weeks. You'll need it.

The prerequisites for the course are good ones. I have had several courses from other instructors that were great, but would have been a better shooter if I had VTAC Carbine 1.5 under my belt. Saving my pennies and watching the schedule for that one.

Support side shooting is awesome. Nothing to be afraid of. Kyle teaches you to embrace this and excel at it. Dinging a steel plate CONSISTENTLY at 100 yards in some weird situations and weird positions from support side will confirm it. Plan on using 50% of your body 50% of the time.

Your carbine is evil and must be punished. This class proves it.

Scream like Bruce Lee and smash a car window by ramming your carbine through it sometime. It gets a good laugh.

VTAC slings rule.

Shooting the tires out of a car is more fun in meatspace than in Grand Theft Auto - except you can't run over the hooker and get your money back.

Armed firefighters can shoot. Really.

If the bad guys are shooting at you with a 7.62x39 gun, get your ass behind some significant cover.

The open enrollment was greatly appreciated.

I echo 30calslut. Kyle, Dan, Jeff F. and Jack - I thank you. Outstanding work by all.

----PICS----

Even carbines need naptime

Strong side
    Last edited by qualityhardware; 07-29-09 at 21:03.
    LIBERTY

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I though it was common knowledge that Adcom 98 ammo popped primers like popcorn?

If you guys have any of that stuff, pull the bullets and throw away the powder.

Demil it or shitcan it.

VTAC slings rule.
    I wonder how many people who take classes from both Kyle and Larry switch slings between classes?
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 07-29-09 at 21:42.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by qualityhardware View Post
    Your carbine is evil and must be punished....

Scream like Bruce Lee and smash a car window by ramming your carbine through it sometime. It gets a good laugh.
    Here is the video, courtesy of the slutty carbine cam.

Crank up the volume, dudes.

Clicky here ... carbine, meet car window.

Last edited by 30 cal slut; 07-29-09 at 22:19.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityhardware View Post

Even carbines need naptime

Sweet class photo

I really hope that Viking Tactics or some other quality carbine/pistol class(es) makes it's way down to San Antonio some time in the not too distant future.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post

So that's what an SBR is for.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast