Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAR - Viking Tactics Street Fighter 25-27 JUL, Smithfield, NC-Pics Up!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Here is the video, courtesy of the slutty carbine cam.

Crank up the volume, dudes.

Clicky here ... carbine, meet car window.

Dude I think I saw a piece of finger meat lying on the backseat at the end of that video.

BTW.....that was a good verbal wind up......
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 07-30-09 at 18:49.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Good stuff guys! I can't wait to take this course when Kyle cycles back through Florida.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    I don't know but there was a mixture of both and they both performed as expected..

Slings were not really discussed during the class, especially the part that ours is better because of this or that or the other is bad because of this or that. The important part is to have a good sling, know how to use it and know it's limitations.
    Sorry Jeff. I shoulda put a simley. That was more whimisical than serious
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    Dude I think I saw a piece of finger meat lying on the backseat at the end of that video.

BTW.....that was a good verbal wind up......
    nah, i took my finger meat home. it fell off at work.

that heat was something else, went straight to the part of my head that normally makes me put my gloves back on.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    This was my first training experience with Kyle and VTAC and it certainly won't be my last. I'd been looking forward to this one all year and it didn't disappoint. One of Kyle's greatest strengths as an instructor is that he draws from an incredible wealth of real-world experience, i.e. he and his buddies have shot a whole of bunch of bad guys and been shot at in the process. There's no substitute for that. Kyle's teaching style is first rate and there's no ego getting in the way of his ability to communicate with the students.

This class has taken my ability to fight with the carbine to a new level. As a patrol/SWAT guy the information I gained is invaluable to my job performance. The amount of time spent shooting support side is something I'd never done. Kyle ran some great drills that I'll take back to my department and use as an instructor.

Many thanks to Kyle, his AI Dan and our host, Jeff. Outstanding job by all.

Chris

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Chris thanks for the kind comments. Jack and I strive to be good hosts so everyone can actually enjoy the class.

It was good to visit and shoot with you again also I look forward to training with you again in the near future.

Be safe!!
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 07-31-09 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    Holy cow! Almost forgot about Jack, sorry Brother! Again, it was a great class and I can't wait to see you guys again in November for Night Fighter. Stay safe.

Chris

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This was my first time training with Kyle Lamb and it was an excellent class. Many of the other students had previously taken the Viking Tactics Carbine 1.5 and all the students had completed courses from other well known instructors.

Round count for the class was less than advertised, I don't think I shot so much as 1,000 rounds of carbine for all 3 days. I didn't keep track of pistol ammo. Fortunately, many of the students are planning on coming back for the open enrollment Night Fighter class in November so they were able to leave the ammo for the next class.

We covered different shooting positions and Kyle explained the advantages and disadvantages of each one. Instead of just using barricades the class had 3 vehicles for us to shoot out of, in to and around which helped bridge the gap between square range training and reality.

AI Dan watching over RedzonePSD shooting Junkyard Prone

Kyle emphasizes that because of his background and experiences, everything he teaches has been validated in real world gunfights.

Because of that experience he also spends a lot of time teaching things that most students don't train enough such as shooting carbine one handed. He's had friends and team mates who've been shot and only had the use of their dominant or support hand to continue the fight.

As others have stated there was quite a bit of lecturing and demonstrations on the effects of different types of bullets on different parts of the car. Everything from the tires to the hood, to the C-pillars and glass were specifically shot to show the students what may happen once the bullets start flying.

Shooting a round off to "skip" on the hood in to the target

Kyle discussing shots on target.

View from inside of vehicle after being shot with single round.

Kyle places a strong emphasis on being able to make the best of your position so he has students go through various drills where they won't have an "easy" shot. On TD3 we shot our carbines strong hand only, to include a mandatory reload, the strong hand only included not just weapons manipulations but also things like opening the car door. Then we had to do it all again using support hand only.

His adherence to realism and thorough training also carries over to clearing malfunctions one handed. By running students through drills from inside the vehicle the class also gets a self correcting lesson on what type of gear works and what doesn't.

We did several drills with multiple targets at both longer ranges (steel)a nd shorter (cardboard) ranges using different types of targets.

Kyle showing the S&W M&P VTAC with the new Troy Extreme Battlerail along with Troy BUIS and Troy composite VFG. Note also the Multicam VTAC 2 pt sling.

I look forward to training with Viking Tactics again in the future.

Thanks to Jeff and Jack for hosting, to Kyle and Dan for the excellent instruction and to Melynda for setting up the dinner and warehouse tour. Each student who attended the BBQ dinner also got a free VTAC t-shirt.

Thanks to 5.11 for the free schwag- each student also received a coupon code for 30% off of an order from 5.11.
    Last edited by Treehopr; 08-03-09 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

My round count for this class: 700 rounds 5.56 mm and 250 rounds 9mm

This compares with 1,100 rounds 5.56 and 10 rounds 9mm in last April's VTAC Carbine 1.5.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    My round count for this class: 700 rounds 5.56 mm and 250 rounds 9mm

This compares with 1,100 rounds 5.56 and 10 rounds 9mm in last April's VTAC Carbine 1.5.
    Hey Ben,

Glad you guys had a good time. I wish I had been in that class with you guys but I had to play Soldier down in Arkansas. Are you planning on attending the "Night Fighter" course? I'm already signed up!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast