Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody run a LAR-8 yet???

Feedback Score
    I just shot this 10 shot group out of my LAR-8 Varmint (26") the other day. This group includes the first clean, cold bore shot:

Feedback Score
    I have the 20" predator. You might spend $3000.00 and beat it but for around $1300.00 it works and shoots great. Guaranteed 1" groups and this is does, with most match ammo around 1/2 to3/4 inch. German and U.S. military stays inside of 2". Some problem with getting the right mags. The imi mags work but will not drop free. D&S arms have some great 5 and 10 round mags for hunting, I have not tried their 20 rounders yet. Also talked to RR and they said they would have their own for sale in a few months. Works great shoots great looks great and really messes up a coyotes day.

Feedback Score
    Can any owners describe how the ambi features work? The bolt and mag catch/release definitely have my interest, especially if they work similarly to the ACR.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    The mag release is same as M-16 only on both sides. The bolt release is at the bottom of the mag well on both sides and is pushed up or down to lock or unlock bolt. Takes a while to get used to if used to M-16 type. Also you can get a ambi safety as option. I shoot lefthanded and have no problems

Feedback Score
    Good info,thanks. Can everything be reached keeping your shooting hand on the grip?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Yes on the bolt release and mag release, I have to slide my thumb around on the other side of grip for the safety, but am used to doing it.

Feedback Score
    I have the 20" A4 topped with a TA11E and a PWS precision rifle brake. I have been running it in 3 gun matches and it has been great. Shoots <1 min w/ match ammo and @ 2" w/ milsurp. Recoil is mild, and results on steel to 500 yds has been superb. My poor FAL does not get any trigger time now. I had problems with mags, but thorough cleaning and new springs resolved the issues. I am very well pleased.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123