Thread: Signed up for first carbine course

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Signed up for first carbine course

I'm taking advantage of time off this Sept. I guess you could call it a vacation. A fellow co-worker and I will be attending the EAG Tactical 3 day carbine course in Greenville, TX.

What should I expect? I'll be there naturally with an open mind. This will be my first non-dept training course/class.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the link. I read it over and it seems pretty standard as far as expectations (equipment, safety, etc).

Feedback Score

AEG Carbine

Run a quality tested gun with good proven magazines and keep your gun well lubed.

Shoot me a PM if you want a little more input.

Murphy lives on the range and is a constant student at class. You may have a carbine that ran like
    the proverbial sewing machine yesterday, but it may not function at all today.
    Last edited by bamboolongbow; 08-01-09 at 21:23. Reason: more info

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's not hard, just do what you're told when you're told to do it and you'll be looking good in a day or two.

Feedback Score
    Read Pat's articles regarding class prep on his website carefully and do what they say. Like others have stated, bring a carbine that works. Bring all the magazines you can, but only if they're quality and work. Bring an open mind and a work ethic and you'll be in good shape.

I'm the host for this class, so feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll get you a cell number to contact me for further.

Wayne
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've found Pat's 3-day classes to be about 1k-1.2k rounds. Divided up, that's about 400 rounds/day at the outside. If you have 15 (20 is better) serviceable mags and load them up at night or in the morning before each training day you'll save yourself a lot of headaches. Be sure to have at least 2 empty magazines for various drills where you'll download. Not having to spend breaks jamming mags means being able to spend them hydrating, snacking, and resting.

As mentioned, known functional carbine and handgun, spare for each, known functional ammo, and lube.

I am also a huge fan of pre-hydrating the week leading up to the class and at night an in the morning before each training day.

Finally, get your gear squared away as best you can before class. Put on EVERYTHING you intend to carry at class, including slinging the rifle and holstering the pistol, and make sure you can get to everything and one thing isn't covering up another. I saw the same guy for two years straight show up with the same vest and holster combo where the vest covered the holster. As I tell our match and drills shooters "un-f@ck yourself before you get to the range".

and have a great time and tell Pat I said hello! I'll be seeing him in December down in Lakeland myself.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Put on EVERYTHING you intend to carry at class, including slinging the rifle and holstering the pistol, and make sure you can get to everything and one thing isn't covering up another.
    That's good advice. I also try to wear the smallest amount of gear possible; particularly on hot days.

M_P