Thread: What's the difference in these two barrels?

Feedback Score

Question What's the difference in these two barrels?

just wondering what the difference is in these barrels?

the first is a rra elite car a4:
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-de...TOKEN=51827392

the second is a rra entry tactical:
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-de...TOKEN=51827392

is the gas block covering the groove on the elite car or does the entry tac just have a different type of barrel? if so, what's the purpose of the groove? thanks.

- Jason

Feedback Score
    The Elite car4 has a mid-length gas system where the entry tac. has a carbine gas system. The barrels themselves are of the same material so they are essentially the same barrel w/ the exception of the gas system and if you wanted the barrel chrome lined. The Elite Car4 doesn't have the barrel groove that the entry tact. does. That groove is where the barrel band of a M203 grenade launcher would be clamped to the barrel.

Doug

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docholliday
    ...That groove is where the barrel band of a M203 grenade launcher would be clamped to the barrel.
    that's exactly what i needed to know. thanks for the help

- Jason

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Both of them are heavy profile under the handguard, and neither comes chrome lined as a standard feature.

Just something to think about.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score

seth

I have an entry tac. my barrel is cut away under the handguards, but it is not chrome lined. I ordered a new one from bushmaster, chrome lined, cut away & without that goofy pressed on flash suppressor.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    RRA is now offering 1x7 twist chrome lined M4 barrels (light under the handguards). I don't know if these will have F front sight bases. The last few mid length 1x9 twist chrome lined barrels we got from them had F front sight bases.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)