Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a 308 AR

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN
    FWIW, the one I saw hanging in Bernie's shop had a muzzle brake -- the muzzle brake indicates that this might be old stock.
    That one (green furniture) w/stainless bbl we have on the wall is used (on consignment). The first two rows (nearest the windows and door) of long guns and first two cabinets of handguns are all used/consignment guns.

I've worked there since the summer of 2005 and all the new ones we've sold since then have had flash suppressors or no threaded muzzles at all, in that time we sent a bunch back, probably 10-15 uppers, 99% of the time fail to feed (with any mag) or failure to extract/eject.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4
    I've worked there since the summer of 2005 and all the new ones we've sold since then have had flash suppressors or no threaded muzzles at all, in that time we sent a bunch back, probably 10-15 uppers, 99% of the time fail to feed (with any mag) or failure to extract/eject.
    That's all fine and well, and good to know, however how many do you think have been sold that work just fine in your store, and outside your store??

It's a rhetorical question....

Even at 10-15 uppers, it's an insignificant number and honestly, your "logic theory" would apply...certainly a trend....but likely rounded out in the zeroes of total sales.

I can't be the only one to not have problems. In fact, I know I'm not, but it's far more dramatic to throw those sort of things out there.

Feedback Score
    GA Precision

Noveske - I,m curious what the wait would be ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I can't be the only one to not have problems. In fact, I know I'm not, but it's far more dramatic to throw those sort of things out there.

I like being dramatic about how wrong you are on this

Feedback Score
    Superior Arms makes AR-15 rifles in a variety of calibers. They also make AR-10 rifles too. They have models in .204 Ruger, 6.8 SPC and so on. They have .308 AR-10s. You can reach them at: sales@superiorarms.com or call them at: 319-523-2016. I own one of their S-15 rifles, a type of M-4 carbine, and it shoots real nice. If you ask for Terry Williams he can answer your questions. The company is based in Iowa north of Burlington.

Feedback Score
    If I was buying one today, it would be Noveske.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    we sent a bunch back, probably 10-15 uppers, 99% of the time fail to feed (with any mag) or failure to extract/eject.
    That issue was corrected several years ago with an extractor spring upgrade. ArmaLite will send the parts out for free on request.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by persona non grata View Post
    That issue was corrected several years ago with an extractor spring upgrade. ArmaLite will send the parts out for free on request.
    We sent one back a few months ago, I'm not a math major but 2 months ago doesn't = several years here in my world.

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok... they know me here." - Unknown
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    What is the manufacture date on the one you sent back? I stated a fact, your anecdotal evidence doesn't change anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    If I was buying one today, it would be Noveske.
    Concur. If you want an AR10 to run flawlessly then look no further than the Noveske Project Leonidas. You get what you pay for...."buy cheap, buy twice" and "trying to save a dime, you'll spend a dollar every time."

S/F

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast