Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who makes a 308 AR

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by persona non grata View Post
    What is the manufacture date on the one you sent back? I stated a fact, your anecdotal evidence doesn't change anything.

Don't know, I don't have a machine to do a carbon dating test to check.

I'm speaking from first hand knowledge here that we've sent many back. Are you speaking from first hand knowledge that you've tested EVERY LATELY MADE/OR FIXED AR10s? And they all now work?
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Don't know, I don't have a machine to do a carbon dating test to check.

I'm speaking from first hand knowledge here that we've sent many back. Are you speaking from first hand knowledge that you've tested EVERY LATELY MADE/OR FIXED AR10s? And they all now work?
    Checking the terial number is generally more accurate than carbon dating.

I'm speaking from first hand knowledge that I haven't seen a current production AR10 with the problems that you describe since the extractor upgrade was released, and the upgrade has 'cured' every older AR10 that I've worked on.

I'm trying to share my experiences and knowledge with everyone, apparently you aren't interested in learning anything new. Happy trails...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Checking the terial number is generally more accurate than carbon dating.

I'm speaking from first hand knowledge that I haven't seen a current production AR10 with the problems that you describe since the extractor upgrade was released, and the upgrade has 'cured' every older AR10 that I've worked on.

I'm trying to share my experiences and knowledge with everyone, apparently you aren't interested in learning anything new. Happy trails...
    Sounds like you're arguing emotionally and not logically.

So you've seen SOME late model AR10s (all the ones you've worked on) that run. Unless you work for Armalite and do the test firing of ALL late model AR10s you can't say that they ALL run. Do you follow the logic?

I learn based on reality/facts. Not based on opinions. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    So you've seen SOME late model AR10s that run and unless you work for Armalite and do the test firing these you can't say ALL late model AR10s run. Do you follow the logic?

I learn based on reality/facts. Not based on opinions. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
    There is no logic in your gibberish. You are trying to twist my words. I never stated that every new AR10 is flawless. I didn't post my opinion, I stated a fact - ArmaLite has released an upgrade that addresses the issues you described.

Your implication that NO current-manufacture AR10 will feed/extract/eject because you saw ONE a few months ago that had problems is simply absurd. Unless you test EVERY new AR10, you cannot state that there is an ongoing problem, or even a statistically significant issue.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Before things get too heated, let's walk away from the keyboard for a moment and take a breather.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There is no logic in your gibberish. You are trying to twist my words. I never stated that every new AR10 is flawless. I didn't post my opinion, I stated a fact - ArmaLite has released an upgrade that addresses the issues you described.

Your implication that NO current-manufacture AR10 will feed/extract/eject because you saw ONE a few months ago that had problems is simply absurd. Unless you test EVERY new AR10, you cannot state that there is an ongoing problem, or even a statistically significant issue.

Now you're just talking out of your arse. Had you had your cranium far enough out you might have noticed what I said on page 1. It's where I said that we send about 8 of every 10 AR10s back to get them to work. Where you're getting that I said 'no AR10' will run is beyond me. Some work perfectly right out of the box, in my experience that some is about 20% thus far.

When you have to send back 80% of what you sell to get them to run there is a problem. Some (including me) would call this a clue!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123