Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech 553

Feedback Score
    Then that's one EoTech I won't be buying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara
    Then that's one EoTech I won't be buying.
    You and me both.
    Save the Pandas!

-Tally Fortenberry
    -Capco Small Arms Research Group

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by molsen
    Go back and do some more research. This topic has been hashed over on many forums. The ARMS mount was used because that is what was in the spec given by the government.

Go ask a moderator to lock this topic then. Come to think of it, most topics have been hashed over on other forums. Thanks for the info' on the gov't spec, it was news to me at least.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Let's simmer down now...

Plenty of good info in this thread and if we can keep it civil it will stay.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak
    I was told that the LaRue 553 mount is a NO-GO.
    That's what it sounded like when Grant posted that on another board a long time ago, when the specs and photos of the 553 first came out. I guess it was worth a try.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is not going to be a forum were threads get locked. Everybody has read the rules before they signed up and is expected to follow them. I’m respectfully asking that everybody stays polite & courteous at all times. Every member of M4carbine should feel that they can post freely without being attacked for their opinion. This is one of my pet peeves with other Internet forums.

I'm sure we will be re-hashing many topics on M4carbine that have been discussed to death on other forums. I'm also sure we will have the occasional heated differences of opinion. The difference is that ours will be handled differently. How many multiple page threads have you read on "Other" forums were nobody seems to know what they are talking about? Or even been within ten miles of the product being discussed? It seems like a waste of bandwidth to me, and a good way to walk off with bad information. That is not going to happen on M4carbine.

Thank you, and let's get back to the conversation now.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc
    That's what it sounded like when Grant posted that on another board a long time ago, when the specs and photos of the 553 first came out. I guess it was worth a try.
    Hopefully it's still worth a try. Maybe they'll eventually decide something like that would sell.

We can hope, and we can ask.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If it was do-able, LaRue would have already done it. I was told by LaRue that it is not going to happen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak
    If it was do-able, LaRue would have already done it. I was told by LaRue that it is not going to happen.
    I'm not doubting your comments WRT LaRue.

My earlier comments were referencing my hopes that EOTech will listen to the civilian market and give us a 553 variation (something 123-powered) without the ARMS mounts... maybe even something lower profile that will work with our LaRue EOTech risers.

Feedback Score
    I've been touching base with them every few weeks since SHOT and the order placed then. Unfortunately it looks like the 553 is indefinitely delayed, at least that was the info I got the last time I talked to them.

Of course I've read rumors everywhere...about color, availability, and such. What I've been told from Eotech is Coyote only at this time, no LaRue mounts, the ARMS mounts were govt. spec.

A CR123 512 or 552, (maybe the 514 and 554? ) would be great and hopefully that is down the road, simply for battery commonality across platforms.

J
    http://www.jtacsupply.com/catalog
    jason@jtacsupply.com
    918-465-3257
    Quality Gear for Quiet Professionals

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast