Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro to Radio Communications

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So I’ll ask a follow on...

Anyone messed with the TCA PRC-148 with crypto?

As good as the TRI?

Does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I have not, but’s it worth a try. The TCA will still run issued batteries, and will push any of the dynamic microphone equipped .mil accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    So I’ll ask a follow on...

Anyone messed with the TCA PRC-148 with crypto?

As good as the TRI?

Does it matter?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I have not, but’s it worth a try. The TCA will still run issued batteries, and will push any of the dynamic microphone equipped .mil accessories.
    Figured it would do most things similarly. Honestly I’m not feeling that crypto is a big deal unless you were going against the current infrastructure. If that were the case, any crypto available to the populace would be outgunned by them anyway. Not that I’m advocating for that but just saying as an academic point. I like my TRI so far.

"An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So what emergency frequencies do y’all monitor with your TRI radios?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Question for you all, I recently picked up two baofeng UV5RA radios. In digging through my stuff I found a whip antenna and an extension cable allowing you to have the radio on your front and the antenna on your back from my Afghanistan deployment. However the cable and antenna are not compatible with the radios, does anyone know if there is an adapter to allow the connection of the antenna to the radio? Is the antenna even capable of transmitting and receiving the frequency bands that the radio transmits?

I’m a total newb to this stuff, I know how to load crypto and freqs in the PRC-152 and the like but that’s the extent of my knowledge.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    Question for you all, I recently picked up two baofeng UV5RA radios. In digging through my stuff I found a whip antenna and an extension cable allowing you to have the radio on your front and the antenna on your back from my Afghanistan deployment. However the cable and antenna are not compatible with the radios, does anyone know if there is an adapter to allow the connection of the antenna to the radio? Is the antenna even capable of transmitting and receiving the frequency bands that the radio transmits?

I’m a total newb to this stuff, I know how to load crypto and freqs in the PRC-152 and the like but that’s the extent of my knowledge.
    This thread could possible be of some assistance. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...p-on-Chest-Rig

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ...However the cable and antenna are not compatible with the radios, does anyone know if there is an adapter to allow the connection of the antenna to the radio? Is the antenna even capable of transmitting and receiving the frequency bands that the radio transmits?...
    Very likely that there is a way to adapt to be radio to that remote antenna connector. I don't know which radio you were issued so I can't say if there is an off-the-shelf option. N9TAXlabs.com has made custom cables for me before. But you need to know the connector types you need. Would not hurt to post a picture and see if we can help figure it out.

Barring some type of band pass antenna assembly yes it will likely transmit okay with the antenna. But not as well an antenna built for the frequency or frequency range you use on the Baofeng.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The antenna I have is a Thales blade antenna 23386 1600629-1 and the relocation cord for it is from TCI. I’ll take a look at that other thread in depth in the morning, thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The antenna I have is a Thales blade antenna 23386 1600629-1 and the relocation cord for it is from TCI. I’ll take a look at that other thread in depth in the morning, thank you.
    Here's that cable?
    https://www.safariland.com/products/...-kit-MAST.html

Looks like the MBITR uses a TNC antenna connector. This may be the adapter?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antenna-Ada...-/192226789267

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That’s it, I found an adapter, set of two actually, on amazon for like 8 bucks so we’ll see if it works, the blade antenna doesn’t have the frequency range as the radio does but it handles just fine the ones I intend on using, manly nearby repeaters

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast