Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GunShow Zombie and M&A parts.

Feedback Score
    These two threads detail my personal experience with M&A Parts. If you venture into the manufacturer forum here you'll see that they apparently were a member but as soon as people started asking technical questions about their products they left and never came back. Last time they posted anything was September '08. Notice questions asked were never answered.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22696

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24297
    Last edited by jhurt; 08-07-09 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Skip this next paragraph if you don't have a Colt lower receiver...

Sometimes, when Colt has a bad day, they manufacture what is politely called a "large pin lower". Most would call it a reject. They come from a hole drilling placement error, so they just center it up in the right place and drill it out bigger. Instead of a proper .250" diameter hole (as our uppers have), you get a front pivot pin hole in the lower that is .312" diameter. Simple solution? Get the $5 Colt Offset Pin. It will adapt any standard USGI dimensioned upper to any Colt "large pivot pin" lower. When they're really having a bad day, they redrill the .154" hammer/trigger pin holes and create "large pin" hammers, disconnectors and triggers, along with the 2 appropriate .169" large pins to secure them. We don't have the 9mm versions. These are internal parts in the lower, and that's probably a non-issue, as you already have a working set. However, we do have them. If you have a Colt large pin upper and want to mate it to someone's USGI dimensioned lower, we also have the "sleeve" to do that, as well.
    There is a line in the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales".

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

The above paragraph is insulting to anyone with a sliver of intelligence. It makes me doubt any other claim they may have made.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    so what happens when colt builds a lower thats way off? do we get a lower with like .5 holes?

Feedback Score
    Don't know about the .5 holes but I do know this: An officer I work with won a "rifle kit" from M&A in a drawing at that conference and traded it for a guitar! He made the right move.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurt View Post
    These two threads detail my personal experience with M&A Parts. If you venture into the manufacturer forum here you'll see that they apparently were a member but as soon as people started asking technical questions about their products they left and never came back. Last time they posted anything was September '08. Notice questions asked were never answered.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22696

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24297
    That really bugged me too. I asked a question there a while back abou a barrel profile(a noob question, but I wanted to be sure of what I was buying) and never got an answer. This wouldn't bug me very much, but I see they are now active over on TOS and will answer questions over there. Needless to say, I haven't bought anything from them and I doubt I will.

Feedback Score
    Whats TOS? I may have a couple questions.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I moved this thread to the appropriate forum. I will also remind members of the the following rule:

Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

Feedback Score
    There's noone here though and hasn't benn for along time. I was initially just writing to state my good experience with M&A.

Now I would just like more opinions on M&A's products, not what people have heard but what people know because they have used these products. May I ask in the build forum? if this is ever seen by another human soul.

Feedback Score
    Still noone but, I have to say I have nothing bad to say about the M&A kit I JUST PUT TOGETHER. Looks awsome, all parts seem very quality, went to gether without a hitch.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Johnlee,

Did you finish your gun? How does it run?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast