Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Steel Knives

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone,

I hadn't heard much of this backstory at all. I tend to get a fair number of knives as gifts. This explains why I haven't heard to much about CS's knives in general, but see most other brands mentioned often.

Feedback Score
    UVvis . . . you might also want to check places like www.bladeforums.com where you'll find a lot of knowledge and experience with almost any brand and model of knife you can name.

Feedback Score
    My experiences totally mimic Pat's. If you want to buy a import knife from a guy who loves to bad mouth folks who have actually done the job and make all there stuff here, fine. They will never get another cent from me.

Their latest ad campaign is pathetic. I am currently working up the Strider L/E Division, but I guess I'm just another wannabe felon in Lynn Thompsons world.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Having not seen the latest ad campaign, or be familiar with the owner's politics or attitude, you'll have to forgive me my purchases.....
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score

OK

i own 2 CS blades,2 Emerson benches and an array of folders for everyday use but i must say that my MOD auto is with out a doubt the bigdog of the bunch.
    this pup holds a great edge and is small enough to carry comfortably.Only 200.00 bux.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    CS was pretty much the king of the fixed blade hill 10 years or so ago.

From a technical as well as practical standpoint, they lost that quickly when the Strider Guys (and some others) showed the user community what a functional knife was.

CS is way behind the power curve, and has taken to guerrilla marketing and visual rip offs to compensate for reduced functionality.
    CS knives used to be really good, back 15 years ago. I still have a couple of their original knives and they're great... nothing like the cookie cutter garbage they put out now.

Feedback Score
    I keep a few different knives for different types of jobs, back in the 80s, I carried a Randall #14 but they're expensive and tough to replace. I adopted the Cold Steel Military Classic R1 a few years ago and love it, I also gave the Blackjack #1 a fair chance and retired it to the safe. I also was not aware of CS politics.

Feedback Score
    While I wouldn't consider CS knives junk, I don't consider them a first, second, or 100th choice. You get what you pay for.

Strider, well that's another issue. I unloaded every strider product I owned. Yes, I too once believed the lies. It's funny how some can still stand behind them after all of Micky's bullshit stories. Watching him, CS, and Mad Dog battle it out is entertaining but I really don't care who wins.

I've been an Emerson supporter for quite a few years. I don't think I'll ever have to hear anything negative about Ernie.
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score

Thumbs up cs knives group shot

xxxxx
    Last edited by PALADIN-hgwt; 07-09-09 at 23:19.

Feedback Score
    I'd also be chipping and mining. I'm not a fan of Cold Steal's knock-off's or the owner. They had good fixed blades in the 80's. Now - not so much (IMO).

Luckily, my Strider addiction will keep me from learning the above trade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12