Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 870 Police + Surefire

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesiumsponge View Post
    spanner wrench
    An AR barrel wrench works pretty well for 870 fore end nuts, two of the adjacent lugs fit good enough to crank down pretty good.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the multi-tool AR wrench with the 1/4" long spanner pins and mine couldn't work on the 870's. The Surefire 618 has the spanner nut recessed enough that you can't get to it with something like my particlar AR wrench. The synthetic 870HD front grip is the same way. I don't remember if the walnut front grip on the 870Ps are flush mount or recessed though, it's been a while.
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have the multi-tool AR wrench with the 1/4" long spanner pins and mine couldn't work on the 870's. The Surefire 618 has the spanner nut recessed enough that you can't get to it with something like my particlar AR wrench. The synthetic 870HD front grip is the same way. I don't remember if the walnut front grip on the 870Ps are flush mount or recessed though, it's been a while.
    Good point. I've only tried it on my particular synthetic fore-end, and it's pretty minimalist.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    JUST FYI i had a tac star side saddle on my 870 HD and the thing fell off.

I cant tell if your is a tac star or not but its plastic thats why i mentioned it.

You might try loc-tite the screws down to see if thatll work. In my case i was so mad the thing fell off i just took it off and threw it away.

Rob

Feedback Score
    I am not sure if someone has tried it before but I inquired with the Surefire Tech support and they suggested the KL5 for higher output and reasonable life with the 618 system. I'm ordering up the 618FA and KL5 this weekend and I can post an update if wanted.
    I'm interested too. Thanks.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I started a thread as I've gone ahead and tried this combo. 100% plug-and-play. Read about it here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ed=1#post43174
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12