Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BDU's... My favorite patterns, materials, brands..... Propper, MOC, SKD...... lots of

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by wake.joe; 09-24-09 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I picked up a pair of the Propper Lightweight Tactical Trouser as well as a pair of the Tactical Shorts. I wore the shorts at a match on Saturday from 12:00 to 16:00, and the trousers at a match on Tuesday from 17:00 to 21:30.

I have some issues here and there with both designs, but in terms of the topic of heat and comfort I was pleasantly surprised with both. The Saturday match was well into 100* with the heat index, the Tuesday match well into the high 90s when we started. I wouldn't wear the pants to a daytime match like that (I don't know how some of you people wear long britches so much in the damn heat) but they were plenty comfortable in the Tuesday night heat, and retained zero moisture from sweat or from the light rain that we received at the end of the match.

Both are in the dryer now. We'll see if they loosen up and get a little less stiff after a few washings. Keep an eye on my site for a more detailed review of both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Both are in the dryer now. We'll see if they loosen up and get a little less stiff after a few washings. Keep an eye on my site for a more detailed review of both.
    I didnt mention this in my previous posts, guess I just didnt think about it. I've been wearing the woodland and desert digital pants I have to work every week. That means that they get washed once a week. They "feel" significantly better after 4-5 washings, not that they felt bad to me to begin with though. My tips on washing... cold water, on the lightest soil setting possible with regards to how dirty they are (if your washer has that capability), and low-medium heat in the dry with NO fabric softner. The relative "feel" of the material is going to vary from person to person. Like I said, to me, they feel fine new, but even better after some washings & wearings.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, for this washing the no fabric softner isn't an option as it's in the dryer already.

I know that the fabric softener will break down the treatment, but for one washing I chose to ignore the instructions. I actually kind of wanted to see what would happen if I "abused" them per the instructions. High heat, with fabric softener. We'll see what we get.

Feedback Score
    i am a 'twill' kind of guy. never liked ripstop and would rather sweat a bit more. even in barracks, they never held up. the 'woodlands' tended to fade and not hold a crease that good, but were like a second skin in the field. i still use my cami bottoms that i got in 1996 at soi. only thing that sucked back then was finding twill covers to match.
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"

Feedback Score
    Finally had some time to do a few more. Here are some Multicam shots (late afternoon sun, partly cloudy).......... Impressive as always.

Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    Would any of you know how well the synthetic blends fare in case of fire? A friend of mine got seriously burned in a fire while hunting in Alaska... One of his buddies did not make it.
    They were all wearing "high tech" synthetic clothing. Since then, silk, cotton and wool are all I wear.
    I am a dinosaur and still wear 100% cotton olive green BDUs. They work for me, as the game I am after seems to care less about patterns and more about movement.

Feedback Score
    Polyester and Nylon are not friendly with fire. They melt. Cotton and wool char instead of melting.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll stick with synthetics. Try drying out a wet down sleeping bag and see how long it takes.

Feedback Score
    Some GenII X-Camo shots.........

Protego quod vallo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast