Thread: First time 1911 owner

Feedback Score

Question First time 1911 owner

Got a new Springfield 1911 Black Stainless this weekend w/o the light rail (my first 1911 style pistol). Does any one know if there are mountable lights that clamp to the trigger guard, because i dont want to spend $200 on the surefire adapter

Also. What are some good concealment holsters.

thanks for your time
    matt

Feedback Score
    You are not likely to find anything to fit the trigger guard other than SureFire.

If you wanted a light to mount, you probably should have went for one with the rail. But all is not lost!

Your options now will involve learning/using a handheld light, or opting to add a rail, if that is the route you go, Dawson Precision is the answer to 1911 rails!

Best of luck!
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score

Thanks

I'll give that a try. i kinda want to learn to use a light and weapon together any way.

just out of curiosity, are you active duty security forces. just wandering because my wife is also.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I am Active Duty.
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    Im not sure if I would go the Dawson light rail method, I was advised against it by Springfield Custom due to frames cracking. As a matter of fact the wont even install rails to the dust covers.

Feedback Score
    www.gandrtactical.com will make you a good price on a Surefire MR07.

Otherwise, the Dawson rail is your best option- if you use an X200 you should not have any problems with the dustcover cracking on a Springfield.

Feedback Score
    SA may have their own reason for saying that. My experience with a large number of Kimbers, as well as observing other manufacturers guns is that the dawson rail is very good to go.