Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Members Sale Forum(s)” Expansion & Changes

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

“Members Sale Forum(s)” Expansion & Changes

Please use this thread to ask any questions or make suggestions on our up-coming Member Sales Forums expansion & changes.

M4c is proud to announce our up-coming “Members Sale Forum(s)” expansion & changes. In response to years of requests by our members we are planning to greatly expand and subdivide our members for sale sections. There are also going to be some new procedure and rules changes to make things easier for everybody. The goal is to have the easiest to use marketplace of any forum, and keep it completely free to our members.

The point of contact for these new sections will be M4c staff members SHIVAN and gotm4. Please contact them with questions and/or problem resolution.

The new forum separate sub-sections:

AR COMPLETE RIFLES & LOWERS

AR COMPLETE UPPERS

AR PARTS & FURNITURE

AR RAIL SYSTEMS & ACCESSORIES

AR MAGAZINES

AK RIFLES

AK PARTS, ACCESSORIES & MAGAZINES

ALL OTHER LONGGUNS

ALL OTHER LONGGUN PARTS, ACCESSORIES & MAGAZINES

HANDGUNS

HANDGUN PARTS, ACCESSORIES & MAGAZINES

OPTICS, SIGHTS & MOUNTS

LIGHTS & LASERS

AMMUNITION

HOLSTERS, GEAR & KNIVES

NFA ITEMS

EVERYTHING ELSE

The new procedures and rules:

For Equipment Exchange ad posters:

You must have 30 posts, while contributing positively to this forum community, in order to start new topics in the Marketplace. Industry Professionals, Subject Matter Experts, and M4C Dealers and Manufacturers are exempt from this rule.

Include "WTB" "WTS" and/or "WTT" in your thread title. All WTS ads *must* have a price in the ad, or in the header description. You should also indicate where you are located and what methods of payment you will accept.

No auctions - list a price at which you are willing to sell, not an artificially high price in anticipation of fielding "bids" via email or PM. No links to auction sites, either.

Your ad will be locked out to all members except you - only you can post in your own ad.

Do not bump your ad until 48 hours have elapsed.

Three advertisements on the first page is the maximum allowed. Having more then three will lead to deletions, without notice - combine ads as best you can.

All items for sale should be from your personal collection. Outside dealers must come to an agreement with Site STAFF in order to sell new parts and inventory on this site.

Absolutely no group buys, unless you are a Site Sponsor, Industry Professional/SME, or have written authorization from SHIVAN or The_Katar.

Once you have sold the item you are selling or found the item you are buying, please edit your original ad and change the title. Do not post in a thread to indicate that the item has been SOLD, SOLD PENDING FUNDS, RECEIVED or otherwise. There is no reason to bring a SOLD item back to the top of the first page. Do not edit the final sale price from your ad. It is helpful for the buyer, seller and this community to know what items sold for recently, and in the past.

For Equipment Exchange ad responders:

Use PM or email to contact the OP - you will not be able to post in their ad. The fact that you sent them a PM or email will be obvious when their inbox has new messages.

If a seller has not acknowledged attempts to contact them via both PM and email for more than 48 hours, contact SHIVAN or The_Katar.

For all members:

Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 08-19-09 at 12:45.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks very much, I am looking forward to the new changes.

Will the new product announcements still be handled as they are now?

Thanks very much.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Awesome! I like them all.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    All,

Obviously we are very excited about this new sales forum, which we feel will be great for the site and the membership. When we implement this we will do our best to migrate as many current ads into their new appropriate sections, but obviously there will be some issues (there always is.) We ask please for your patience and understanding during this transition, and to also voice your concerns/issues either in this thread or directly to myself and/or SHIVAN.

Regards,

The_Katar

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The new Equipment Exchange is now live. Please post all ads in this new section in compliance with the new procedures and rules stuck at the top of each forum. We will be eliminating the old member sales forum soon, so please refrain from posting any new ads in that location.

Everybody is encouraged to look around, post their ads and let us know what you think in this thread - let us know if anything is wrong, too!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I saw a post earlier where someone posted a flash hider in the optic section along with the LaRue T-1 mount. Is this permissible or does it have to be listed seperately?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I saw a post earlier where someone posted a flash hider in the optic section along with the LaRue T-1 mount. Is this permissible or does it have to be listed seperately?
    When I moved stuff over, I used the "whichever item was most expensive" got the majority classification and determined the forum to which it was moved.

If people put their ads in the wrong forum, it will be somewhat self-correcting as the item will likely never sell due to people not looking there for it....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Many old ads have been migrated for the sake of convenience - hence some will be a mish-mash of stuff.

The idea going forward with the new EE is to keep the ads as specific as possible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just a quick observation on the new changes...not necessarily a negative, but more of a question.

I like the new setup, don't get me wrong. It allows users to go directly to a sub-category that contains items which they are looking for specifically. My problem, and question is much the same as Iraqgunz,

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post

What if a seller has a "multi-item" sale...much like DocSherm's big garage sale? Which category do they list it in? What if a member has these items that they wish to list for sale all at once:
    -AR upper
    -AK mags
    -TLR-2
    -a batch of 5.56 ammo
    -a Ruger 10/22

Which category do they list in? It seems to me that listing each item in its respective category would create lots of posts when they could all be consolidated into one under the old method. Mods, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by citizensoldier16; 09-02-09 at 23:31. Reason: added info to clarify
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    222 (100%)
    Gentleman,

Quick observations here/my opinion. There are a lot of sub-categories. As in, too much. Seems very busy for the casual browser. I can understand if there is just so much posting going on that Joe Snuffy surfing after work has to go through a couple pages just to see the days postings, but there isn't.

Not sure where else to post comments about it.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast