G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: “Members Sale Forum(s)” Expansion & Changes

Feedback Score
    I think the idea of sub-categories was good, but I also agree that there are far too many. I think a couple of them could be condensed to make viewing easier.

For example:
    AK RIFLES
    AK PARTS, ACCESSORIES & MAGAZINES
    ALL OTHER LONGGUNS
    ALL OTHER LONGGUN PARTS, ACCESSORIES & MAGAZINES

I think making that all ONE sub category would make the page easier to view. There are a few others that could be combined as well.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    What if a seller has a "multi-item" sale...much like DocSherm's big garage sale? Which category do they list it in? What if a member has these items that they wish to list for sale all at once:
    -AR upper
    -AK mags
    -TLR-2
    -a batch of 5.56 ammo
    -a Ruger 10/22

Which category do they list in? It seems to me that listing each item in its respective category would create lots of posts when they could all be consolidated into one under the old method. Mods, what are your thoughts?
    DocSherm's ad was in place under the old marketplace board, and therefore it doesn't fit the mold for the new equipment exchange board.

If someone needed to sell the 5 items you have listed, they would list five separate ads in the respective areas...

OR they can list a "catch all ad" under "Everything Else"

OR if they have one large item like an AR upper for $1200 and by comparison the other items are trivial, they can throw them all on the AR Upper ad -- but obviously you'd miss a lot of traffic on your AK mags because they were not listed under AK mags...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4fun View Post
    I can understand if there is just so much posting going on that Joe Snuffy surfing after work has to go through a couple pages just to see the days postings, but there isn't.
    The_Katar and I were watching the old marketplace board very carefully for quite some time, and I sell stuff on a regular basis that just doesn't fit my needs any longer. Oftentimes, I would bump my ad around 10:30am and by the time I got home at 6:30pm, it would be FOUR pages deep.

That was completely unsatisfactory to me, the other staff and our mods. More importantly it was adversely effecting our members ability to sell things in a timely manner or find things to buy efficiently.

We'd like to facilitate both the buyers and the sellers to move gear in a timely fashion without a loss in visibility due to the sheer volume of ads being posted and bumped. Our increase in membership size made the old marketplace obsolete.

The new equipment exchange allows the buyer to jump right to a specific category, and browse a smaller subset of ads focused directly on items pertinent to his interests. Making it "WIN-WIN" for buyer and seller.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by perna View Post
    I think making that all ONE sub category would make the page easier to view. There are a few others that could be combined as well.
    While we appreciate the feedback, we are pretty pleased with the sub-categories that are in place. Consolidating categories is looking at where we are now, not where we might be in the future.

Membership is up, and ad thread generation is up. We expect that trend to continue and have grouped the equipment exchange categories to be forward looking with anticipation of more growth.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    222 (100%)
    Membership is up
    That would be the reason to have as many categories. Apprectiate the responses and some explanation.

I lurk here just for the deals! I am sure I have bought kit from most of you
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Good job guys. The EE looks good.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    I really like it, I've been looking for one item in particular and it's easy to check that specific section a couple of times a day without having to read everything in there, and with the WTS and EE stuff in green in the "view new posts" feature it's easy just to browse for sale stuff as well. Nicely done!
    "Never give up... Never surrender"
    -Jason Nesmith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lovin the new EE! Makes it easier to sort through everything...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I like the new EE. The categories make specific browsing pretty quick and easy and really don't seem too busy to me. Nice job.

One thing to note: Being that you must have 30 posts within the community to post or place an ad in the marketplace, with fewer than 30 posts to your name you are therefore unable to post feedback for a seller. I kinda wish this was different. Being a relative newb I do a LOT more reading and searching here than I do posting. 30 posts will come quick enough I know, but I do wish that today I could leave positive feedback for a more senior member who just went out of their way to facilitate a sale with me.

I'm not bitching and do really appreciate all the hard work you mods do around here. Just sayin-

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    One thing to note: Being that you must have 30 posts within the community to post or place an ad in the marketplace, with fewer than 30 posts to your name you are therefore unable to post feedback for a seller. I kinda wish this was different. Being a relative newb I do a LOT more reading and searching here than I do posting. 30 posts will come quick enough I know, but I do wish that today I could leave positive feedback for a more senior member who just went out of their way to facilitate a sale with me.

I'm not bitching and do really appreciate all the hard work you mods do around here. Just sayin-
    Feedback is a completely independent forum: https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Please do a search for the seller or buyer's name and if they do not have a thread, add one in that forum above.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast