Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 IWB Holster Suggestions..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    +1 for Milt Parks SS. If Lightning and Brownells are out of what you're looking for check the MS Facebook page. They usually post a handful of in stock items.

Feedback Score
    I have had great success with my Blade-Tech "Nano" holster. In fact, it's the only IWB I use now and have used it daily for the last 2 years or so for my full size 1911, even in hot weather. Prior to that I used a Leather Arsenal "Surprise Special" in leather(still have it, but not used since getting the Nano).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorite is the Sparks VMII. The Executive Companion is a close 2nd.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sparks summer special II for sure - and a good belt. AG is among my favorite

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstephens202 View Post
    I have had great success with my Blade-Tech "Nano" holster. In fact, it's the only IWB I use now and have used it daily for the last 2 years or so for my full size 1911, even in hot weather. Prior to that I used a Leather Arsenal "Surprise Special" in leather(still have it, but not used since getting the Nano).
    Not to hijack this thread, but how well does the Nano protect the safety from being accidentally wiped off? I know the Nano has a sort sweat-shield that would cover the thumb safety and was curious if you've had any occurrence of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flieger67 View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but how well does the Nano protect the safety from being accidentally wiped off? I know the Nano has a sort sweat-shield that would cover the thumb safety and was curious if you've had any occurrence of that.

No problems at all with mine, never had the safety come off when it was in the holster. I also have noted, like today when I was doing my "honey do" list in 88* heat, that my Nano seems to protect my Springer from sweat better then any other holster I have used. I was sweating like a liberal at an FBI convention and nary a drop on my 1911. Can't say enough good things about it......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    i am using an Andrews Leather McDaniel II, it is one of the most comfortable IWB's for a gov't model that i have ever used.

it is stable, yet is able to "adjust" to movement while sitting/standing/walking
    Amen! I've got 4 of these and love them! I've been using the one for a 5" 1911 since 1997 and it's still going strong. The McDaniel II will make my steel framed Para P14 disappear under an untucked t-shirt. The angle of the loop can be adjusted to fit the wearer/gun, and you can change belt loop sizes easily. The holster will NOT collapse when the gun is drawn. You can get it with a thumbbreak, body shield, or open top.

And Mr Andrews is a delight to deal with. An exceptional craftsman and gentleman.

www.andrewsleather.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

IWB

Quote Originally Posted by beau1911 View Post
    Alright guys, looking for a quality IWB for a non railed 5' 1911. I would love a VM2 or a Del Fatti but dont want to wait 6 months and cant find anybody willing to part with one. Ive already done some searching but cant find anything to meet my needs...

I know quality takes time, but does anyone know where in the the world i can find something worth purchasing I wont have to wait forever for?

Any help is appreciated!
    Galco makes a version of the Milt SParks Summer Special. I have one for my HK P2000. It should be even more comfortable with a 1911 and it's flat profile.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CEwQ8wIwBA
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstephens202 View Post
    No problems at all with mine, never had the safety come off when it was in the holster. I also have noted, like today when I was doing my "honey do" list in 88* heat, that my Nano seems to protect my Springer from sweat better then any other holster I have used. I was sweating like a liberal at an FBI convention and nary a drop on my 1911. Can't say enough good things about it......
    Thank you for the response. Good to hear that your experience has been positive.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    I've got a Kirkpatrick 1911 holster. $80 or so, shipped in 3 weeks.
    Agree!! Really like my Kirkpatrick, I ordered it while waiting for a VMII. +1 on Brownells for a SS as well....................
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast