Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knife challenge

Feedback Score

Puma White Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Signel View Post
    For outdoor, it needs to be long fixed blade(full tang), thick enough to take a beating from a wooden mallet/branch.

I prefer all my knives of alaska.

http://www.knivesofalaska.com/catalo...at=Bush%20Camp

I also have a pronghorn hunter, cub bear, muskrat, and alpha wolf.

The only issue I have is that some are D2 steel and risk corrosion in salt water vs other metals. That being said, enough oil on them, and they are fine.
    I have an old Puma White Hunter which is my favorite all around knife. I've used it to gut elk, slice bacon, chop wood and everything in between. It is about 40 years old and still holds an edge better than any other knife I've owned and is unmatched in versatility.

Feedback Score
    I use an old factory second Benchmade Balisong for everyday stuff at the office, including opening packages, cutting apples, cutting baked potatoes, poking holes in microwave dinner covers, keeping my hands busy, cutting loose threads, etc etc. I do this primarily because I don't want to wear down the edge on my Stryker, which is my EDC knife, or my Leatherman. I keep those scalpel-sharp in case I need such. The old beat-up 15-year-old Balisong takes the abuse and keeps on going.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234