Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salute 10-8/EAG steel target.

Feedback Score

Salute 10-8/EAG steel target.

Here are a few pics of a new Salute Products steel target I picked up to try out. This is their 10-8/EAG plate. Quality and construction appear to be absolutly top notch just from a visual inspection. I spoke with Freddie with Salute on the phone before ordering. Really a nice guy and answered all my questions.
    This setup is really nice with the DOD base in that it breaks down into the plate, the leg of the stand, and the base. Very easy to transport, and very easy to assemble and use. The angle of the plate seems mmore than sufficient to keep back-splatter down to pretty much nothing, even with fairly close range shooting. Just wanted to pass on my initial thoughts to you guys. More once I have a chance to get it to the range and try it out. If it works as well as I suspect, I'll definitely be ordering some more with both the DOD stands and the spring loaded bases.
    Oh, and the warning sticker Salute puts on the plates are just great.

Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have the same one (two actually) and their popper tray.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Here are a few pics of a new Salute Products steel target I picked up to try out. This is their newer (I believe) EAG plate. Quality and construction appear to be absolutly top notch just from a visual inspection. I spoke with Freddie with Salute on the phone before ordering. Really a nice guy and answered all my questions.
    This setup is really nice with the DOD base in that it breaks down into the plate, the leg of the stand, and the base. Very easy to transport, and very easy to assemble and use. The angle of the plate seems mmore than sufficient to keep back-splatter down to pretty much nothing, even with fairly close range shooting. Just wanted to pass on my initial thoughts to you guys. More once I have a chance to get it to the range and try it out. If it works as well as I suspect, I'll definitely be ordering some more with both the DOD stands and the spring loaded bases.
    Oh, and the warning sticker Salute puts on the plates are just great.

You can't tease like that, what is the warning?

Feedback Score
    Hawkeye,
    Thanks for the compliments. Enjoy your target this weekend!

By the way, the correct name for the target is 10-8/EAG Target as it is derived from the Crye Multi-Cam portion of the 10-8 Consulting and EAG Tactical paper target. When the Salute Products website www.saluteproducts.com is finished being updated it will show that target with pricing. Tim Lau and crew at 10-8 Consulting worked closely with Pat Rogers from EAG Tactical to develop an excellent paper target that is extremely useful for both Carbine and Handgun training. The Salute 10-8/EAG Steel target owes it's shape to their well thought design. You can read more about it at the following site:
    http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...true#Post17407

10-8 Consulting has used the 10-8/EAG Steel targets in several carbine and handgun classes with great success. When specific portions of the course focus is on teaching fighting skills, ie. pivots, intermediate & assymetric positions, or gunhandling skills like malfunction clearance etc. vice marksmenship skills, the steel targets provide immediate feed back to the shooters and eliminates time spent pasting targets during those particular skill set drills. Thus, the training process is more efficient and effective. Both paper and steel targets are essential to a good training program.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Good info FJB. Correct the name in my post.

I really like the shape and size of this target. Compared to some steel I have shot on, it gives a fairly compact head shot section, and a decent sized chest area, without being overly large. I like my steel a tad on the smaller size so as to make me work a little harder at good hits.
    The paper ones are on my purchase list. I agree, a combination of paper and steel makes for the best overall training/practice. Making up a list now of what all I want to complete my personal range setup. I look forward to contacting you with some more orders in the future.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    Hawkeye,
    Roger that. Salute makes the verticle upright on the base one foot taller if you would like your targets more normal height as opposed to smaller statured threats. At 25 yards and back it really doesn't make much of a difference, but some prefer taller appearing targets. Range berm height is a consideration as well.

S/F

Feedback Score
    This is a great target- we have been shooting it a bunch and i can forsee a lot more in my inventory.
    In the interest of accuracy, the genisis for the 10-8- EAG target was a conversation that Tim and I had in my truck on the way down to an EAG Carbine class in WV. We figured most of it out during the ride, and then i roughed it out at Crye Precision at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
    Tim and i had several telcons and then we launched it, and that was the totality of the effort.

Don't i wish that all of life was that easy.

See the Featured Article on my website www.eagtactical.com for the story as to why and how.

We are pretty happy about it, and have found that the qual scores have gone up across the board since we have started using it- part of that "Aim Small, Miss Small" thing that i've heard about.

In the meantime, the SALUTE target is very much good to go!

Jeff cahill at TangoDown is the sole distributor of this target, and we hope to have some additions to it in the near term.

Feedback Score
    What are the details/specs on this target? What rounds will it take hits from, and what is the closest safe distance here???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB
    Hawkeye,
    Roger that. Salute makes the verticle upright on the base one foot taller if you would like your targets more normal height as opposed to smaller statured threats. At 25 yards and back it really doesn't make much of a difference, but some prefer taller appearing targets. Range berm height is a consideration as well.

S/F
    Again, more good info. Will take note of that for future purchases.
    Up close, I think I may like the slightly taller upright. It has come to my attention that I am what Pat refers to as a freak of nature.....
    I agree though, 25 and out and its a moot point. Ditto the berm height considerations. One range here has some berms that are crazy low.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    This is a great target- we have been shooting it a bunch and i can forsee a lot more in my inventory.
    In the interest of accuracy, the genisis for the 10-8- EAG target was a conversation that Tim and I had in my truck on the way down to an EAG Carbine class in WV. We figured most of it out during the ride, and then i roughed it out at Crye Precision at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
    Tim and i had several telcons and then we launched it, and that was the totality of the effort.

Don't i wish that all of life was that easy.

See the Featured Article on my website www.eagtactical.com for the story as to why and how.

We are pretty happy about it, and have found that the qual scores have gone up across the board since we have started using it- part of that "Aim Small, Miss Small" thing that i've heard about.

In the meantime, the SALUTE target is very much good to go!

Jeff cahill at TangoDown is the sole distributor of this target, and we hope to have some additions to it in the near term.
    Thanks Pat. Excellent target design.
    That "Aim Small, Miss Small" thing is something I have been sold on for some time now.
    Protego quod vallo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast