Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salute 10-8/EAG steel target.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by razorhunter
    What are the details/specs on this target? What rounds will it take hits from, and what is the closest safe distance here???
    Its AR500 steel. Basically an armor plate. According to FJB and on Salute's website, it will handle close range .308 for sure, and most small arms under .50 not including AP loads. 25 yds is what most companies say is the closest safe distance (no doubt partly for liability reasons). Its my opinion that not all steel targets are equal though, and some can be shot much closer, and still be safe, than others. I imagine that Salutes plates can be shot fairly close.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell
    You can't tease like that, what is the warning?
    Here is a hint.... its a good John Wayne quote.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Thanks Pat. Excellent target design.
    That "Aim Small, Miss Small" thing is something I have been sold on for some time now.
    There are some that don't feel that way, but the results seem to be there.
    Of course, i am biased...

Feedback Score
    Pat,
    Thanks for providing the details on the 10-8/EAG paper target development. I tried not to wander to far from what I knew to be the genesis. As LAV likes to say, "Stay in your lane dude." Glad you are liking the steel target system. I'd like to think it helps support the carbine and handgun training you and 10-8 Consulting conduct.

Razorhunter,
    The 10-8/EAG Target is 21" tall and 11 1/2" wide. The target with the tall upright is 61" tall and 49" with the standard length upright. The system weighs around 40lbs and is easy to assemble and dissassemble for transportation to and from the range.

The targets can be safely shot with everything up to but not including .50BMG. While it is not recommended and will void the warranty I have shot them with .30-06 AP from a Remington 1903A1 as close as 25 yards and it did not penetrate nor deform the target. The rounds simply made an 1/8" gouge on the face of the steel target as they deflected down.

S/F

Feedback Score
    I didnt see them on your website, can you provide a link
    "Respect all, fear none"

Feedback Score
    The new website is under construction and it will be listed there once completed. However, the cost is $129.95 for the target and $129.95 for the standard DoD MilSpec base or $139.95 for the taller DoD MilSpec base. You can send them an email at sales@saluteproducts.com or PM me your contact info.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Freddie- having shot SALUTE targets before, i was pretty sure what i was getting. This meets/ exceeds all expectations. I've passed on the recommendation for a purchase of multiple targets- we'll see how this shakes down the line.

All- i strongly prefer the shorter base for a variety of reasons.
    The first is safety. Unless you have a close mountain for your backstop, the geometry of the gun- target line means that taller targets run a greater risk of rounds departing the range.
    That is a safety issue and can result on the low end of losing that particular range to someone losing their life.

Second is common sense. For whatever reason, many schools/ ranges post their targets unreasonably high. At one school the top of the targets were
    at 6'7". When i asked the alcoholic who was responsible for this "why", he stated that i should train people to shoot tall threats.
    Sigh....
    A fact of life is that the average is closer to 5'7" then 6'7", but don't let common sense interfere.

Shorter is more realistic and in many cases, keep the range and adjacent community safer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    Second is common sense. For whatever reason, many schools/ ranges post their targets unreasonably high. At one school the top of the targets were
    at 6'7". When i asked the alcoholic who was responsible for this "why", he stated that i should train people to shoot tall threats.
    Sigh....
    A fact of life is that the average is closer to 5'7" then 6'7", but don't let common sense interfere.
    For some reason this set me off on an altered line of thinking, partially of a Disneyland safari. You'd have giants, swarms of dwarves, flying whats-its and creppy talking animals all represented.

This target does look good. I've been wanting to get a couple steel targets for a while now, and these look great.

Feedback Score
    I also keepa Salute steel target in my vehicle at all times. It is an excellent product at a very fair price for the quality.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    New website for Salute Products is up. www.saluteproducts.com There are still a few typos, ie. heading for 10-8/EAG target is wrong, but descriptor paragraph has it right, that have to be corrected but this website is definitely more user friendly.

S/F

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast