Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Magpul, I have an idea for a Bona Fide product. How do I make it a reality?

Feedback Score

Hey Magpul, I have an idea for a Bona Fide product. How do I make it a reality?

I have an idea and a rough drawing of a product that I know has not been thought of.

How do I present my idea to a manufacturer like Magpul?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It better no be my handgrip heater...knew I should have patented it

Although we finally crawled back into the 40's now in Colorado

Feedback Score
    I actually made a rough mold and it is a rather clever idea that solves an existing problem with AR owners.

I'm not looking to patent it, but I'd be willing to turn it over to Magpul for a free sample of their products from time to time. Any interest Magpul? If not I guess I could take it to TangoDown or CAA.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure Drake will see this thread, but send him an email if he doesn't reply here in the next 24 hours: drake@magpul.com. Just keep in mind that Richard and the gang have a TON of ideas that haven't actually materialized as products. There is a decent chance that the Magpul engineers already have Sold Works mock-ups of your idea!
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Here's the hard part. You tell me your idea, I listen, time goes by and the proudct or similar product in our discussion is released by Magpul (insert manuf.), you say, "that was my idea", we say, "we had that idea a long time ago, sorry". We were discussing this awhile back. The conclusion was, no new, outside ideas.

That siad, I'll bring it up again next week (@ Ft. Campbell for the rest of this week)to see if we still have the same feeling.

Please, no hard feelings, just business. I'll IM you next week. Thanks.
    Magpul bonehead

Feedback Score
    Thanks

I believe in honesty, integrity, and ethics. With that said if you tell me it's already been thought of I'll take your word as that. Just put me in the line to pick one up when/if they become available. Case closed, I'm still a super loyal Magpul customer. Just check my AR's and see what products they have on them.

If you tell me Magpul hasn't thought of it and it's a great idea, then that is even better. You tell me if you want to move forward with the information I give you and I'm certain we can all benefit from this idea. Hell, it might not even be doable with the equipment you have. No strings attached, no fine print.

Magpul wouldn't be this successful if they screwed people over. I believe you guys do great things because your company was founded on the principals that make this country like no other on this planet.

CV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7KOPPER
    Here's the hard part. You tell me your idea, I listen, time goes by and the proudct or similar product in our discussion is released by Magpul (insert manuf.), you say, "that was my idea", we say, "we had that idea a long time ago, sorry". We were discussing this awhile back. The conclusion was, no new, outside ideas.

That siad, I'll bring it up again next week (@ Ft. Campbell for the rest of this week)to see if we still have the same feeling.

Please, no hard feelings, just business. I'll IM you next week. Thanks.

Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

Beach scented perfume.
    "A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

450bushmaster.net

Feedback Score
    combatvet, you are such a tease!
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoreye
    combatvet, you are such a tease!
    Yea ! You can't discuss new AR parts in a group with BRD, without giving something up. That's like going to a rehab center and talking about Jack Daniels and Crack...lol

Feedback Score
    Take your drawings and prototype and get it patented. Then you can go to a machine shot or injection molding supplier and get it made. Usually in lots of 1000 for cost purposes. It may be easier than you think. You don't need magpul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast