Thread: New ak rail?

Feedback Score

New ak rail?

I've been thinking about upgrading my ak since MI has come out with what looks like a solid, but affordable railed handguard. I had a few questions about them before I buy one. Will these work on saiga rifles? Also are these currently shipping in all three colors? I might have a few more questions, but those are the only ones I can think of right now.
    ETA. I had one other question. Is there any provision to keep the handguard from rotating in the event that the optic or a vertical foregrip got hit(thus throwing off the zero of the optic) or did you find that the barrel clamp was solid enough to keep this from happening? Thanks.
    Last edited by SoDak; 08-23-09 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got one that I like, I thought all the colors were ready, but I'll leave it to the MI crew to answer your questions as I'm not 100% sure.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The ultimak and a lower rail offer good stability and even with a cheep ass rds, lower 1/3 co-wittiness. This from some unemployed old man.

Attachment 3105
    Last edited by Gramps; 12-26-12 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    tag
    Terry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Our
    ak rails are selling like crazy. They are available In all three colors and are 100 percent made in the USA.
    THANKS
    TROY
    MI

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These rails are now available in a GALIL / GOLANI version
    thanks
    TROY
    MIDWEST
    Last edited by Midwest Industries; 07-06-10 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is the top rail low enough to allow for cowitness of an optic and irons?

Is there some provision to keep the rail from rotating and losing zero on an optic?
    Jake Sebens
    Ares Gear, LLC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yes there is a antio rotation feature built into the hand guard. True co wit ness and lower on third are hard with a rail mount but keep your eyes open we are working on that.
    thanks
    TROY
    MI