Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botach

ToddG Guest

Botach

Now that M4C's Buck has become involved with Botach, I figured it was time to see if their customer service was living up to all the new expectations. The fact that Botach had the best price in town on something I needed was just a coincidence, really!

I placed an order earlier this week and received a confirmation email immediately.

Less than 24 hours later, a young lady called me directly to let me know the specific version of the item I'd ordered was not in stock. She offered to replace it with a similar item. When I declined, she remained perfectly polite and professional. Within minutes I received an email notifying me the order had been canceled and no charges had been made to my credit card.

Botach spent years earning a bad reputation for letting people linger in "backordered" status without notification. While I'd certainly prefer their online store be more up to date with inventory, the fast and personal approach they took to make sure I knew it was out of stock, their ability to locate and offer a similar product, and the no-hassle no-pressure way they handled my cancelation were all impressive.

I'd definitely order from Botach again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was unaware of their bad rep. That being said the 3 orders I've placed with them have been problem free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'd definitely order from Botach again.
    That's quite an endorsement coming from you Todd. I've ordered twice from Botach...once got my order within a week and a half, the second time I had to wait 4 months with no notification.

Considering what you said above, I may try ordering from them again. However, I may call prior to placing an order to ensure what I desire is in stock.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    That’s good to know, I’m same ordered from them in the past, had several good experiences and a couple totally not good. They definitely are the people to go to for CR123 batteries. Best price on the internet. I’ll will have to look at them once again for items, I’ve been hitting LA Police Gear like a crack addict…..LOLOLOL God Bless and thanks for the update.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've had numerous bad experiences with Botach, mostly out of stock items shown as in stock, never received and order never updated, or item never shipped after Botach showing them back in stock. Every once in a while they come up with a great deal, like the current $130 Vltor/Tangodown bipod; use the as a vendor of last resort.

Feedback Score
    I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times over the last 10 years. Never had a problem with them. Most recently 8/8 I ordered an Eotech XPS2-0 over the weekend. I received the order confirmation right away, a shipping notification on 8/10, and received it from the big brown truck on 8/17. The price was outstanding.

I've been aware of the horror stories (customer service, bad reputation for other reasons, just do a Google search) but have never had a problem with them.

Feedback Score

i too have ordered with Botac in the past

Got a best price and lingered in Backorder hell....in most cases I patiently waited.

I couldn't help but think they should invest in a non-Yahoo based commerce system: like G&R, Bravo, Rainier, Cabelas, Midway, etc. where a customer know what's in stock BEFORE they waste their time on placing an order only to find that 3 of 5 times what you want is out of stock.

This is NOT 1995 anymore Botach.

Maybe worth a try once again as I've been spoiled by the above listed suspects that provide excellent communication. There is no reasosn to put up with BS and poor service in this day and age.
    Last edited by mpardun; 08-23-09 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    Luckily, after many orders over the years, I've never had a problem with Botach.....so far.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    Luckily, after many orders over the years, I've never had a problem with Botach.....so far.
    Me too. Ive been ordering from them 3-4/yr for the past 6-7 yrs. Never had a problem. I did receive a call a couple of yrs ago to tell me that whatever I ordered was back ordered and asked if I wanted to cancel, or wait.

ETA

They also now have www.botachdefense.com with even better pricing, but you have to be Military or LE.

Frank
    Last edited by HMFIC; 08-24-09 at 00:16.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Botach! A1 Customer Service

I too purchased a Tango Down Bipod from BOTACH this past week for a $129.99. I also couldn't pass up the deals on some Blawkhawk gloves they were selling, so I ended up buying three sets, two lightweights and one heavy-duty SOLAG HD with Kevlar. I receive an order confirmation within minutes and I am amazed!! (I had ordered from Botach before and got burned on all three occasions. Shorted stuff, charged for items that never came, but too 6 months to get my money back, you name it, it has happened, even customer service people that don't speak English!! This time I literally received my package the next day!!, I look inside and it had the bipod and two pairs of gloves, but is missing the SOLAG HDs, although the order says every was in stock and shipped. I got on the internet and ask. The next day, I get another email and a very polite response that they were out of stock on the SOLAG and I wasnt charged!!! UNBELIEABLE!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS BOTACH I WAS CONVERSING WITH. I TELL HER THANK YOU VERY MUCH, THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND INVENTORY SURE HAS IMPROVED AND IF IT KEEPS UP, I WILL BE BACK!! BOTACH IS COMING BACK STRONG!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast