Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Botach

Feedback Score
    Couldn't find a TA11H ACOG anywhere, or even get a projected ship date from anyone, but thought I'd give them a try when they came up in a search. The website didn't say they were out, or in, so I emailed and someone emailed back in 24 hours saying it was in stock. I ordered, and they had a 15% of special going. Added some mags and junk and had is shipped 2nd Day Air. They got it out that day, UPS choked the chicken and delivered a day late, no fault of Botach.

They were good to go. It seems people have issues when stuff goes on back order. Emailing them maybe helped in my case.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I order from Botach all the time, I've had to call a few times, and they're generally as nice as any other mail order company you talk to on the phone. Midway is more polite, I guess, but I don't get too up in arms about stuff like that. My orders are usually less than $200, and they're not items I need immediately or anything like that. Lately I've been ordering alot of the Pelican lights they're selling for $26 for my doormen. Great light for the price, and the 15% off they've had lately makes it even nicer. To make the order worth placing, I throw some Glock mags and TD ARC mags in with it too. 20 bucks apiece for a Glock mag plus 15% off can't be beat. I placed an order with them this past Friday, received the items on Monday. Shipping was UPS ground, which is one of the things I like about them, Vegas is so close, I can save money with that method and still get my stuff next business day. I placed my previous order to them about a week and a half ago, placed it early on a Tuesday, received it Wednesday by UPS ground. The only "problems" I ever had with them involved the Pmag backorder fiasco right after the election, and an Aimpoint I ordered from them when they had a sale. I just had to call them to find out it was on backorder. The price was super low, so I left it on backorder, received it a month later. Oh yeah, also had another small order for a couple non-essential items that I thought got cancelled w/o notification, my card got charged for it about a month later, received it the next day. I had actually forgotten about the order by then.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Great prices, but damn....Botach needs to work on their orginizational skills.

I had a poor experience with Botach. Last January I ordered MSA Sordin Supreme electronic muffs. I received a confirmation email then....absolutely nothing -for a month. So, I sent an email to Botach inquiring on the situation. Four weeks later I received a reply stating the item was out of stock and would ship when it was in stock. So, I emailed back requesting they cancel my order. Three months later (five months after placing the order and three months after cancelling the order) I received an email stating the product was in stock and would ship soon. I had completely forgotten about the situation, so I sent a second email requesting my order be cancelled. I have since ordered and received a set of Sordins from another company for the same price Botach offered.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We'll need to see many dozen more posts like Todds, preferably a few hundred, before Botach gets a nod again. Hopefully, they'll also be made by regular folks and not industry noteworthies or names that might be recognized.

What's Buck doing at Botach that should merit any renewed interest in them?

Feedback Score
    I'm new here and this thread caught my attention.
    I was amazed at Botach's prices, and with their Stimulus coupon, I took a chance and ordered some mags for two of my guns.

On June 25th I ordered 4 - 17 rd mags for my M&P 9 Pro, and 2 - 13rd mags for my HK P2000. Shortly after placing my order, I receved an email that said the items shipped. I figured everything was good.

Two weeks go by and no shipment shows up. I check the status and it says that it shipped, but UPS says that the package has not even been picked up from Botach. So, I contact them to find out what the issue is. I'm told that the M&P mags are out of stock and should be arriving in about a week.

Two more weeks go by and still nothing. Contact again and the M&P mags are still on backorder. At this point, it has been a month and my credit card was charged on the day of the order and I still don't have any part of my order, they didn't even ship the HK mags to me.

So I wait until August 25th, before I contact them again. I'm told that the M&P mags are still on backorder and should be in any time now. The person I'm conversing with is very nice and apologetic about the fact that they cannot fill my order. But I don't know if it is a smokescreen or not.
    I guess my question is, has anyone ordered and received any 17 rd M&P mags from Botach since Jun 25th? Has anyone ordered these mags from any other dealer in that time and received them? Is S&W really that far behind on their shipments?

Thanks for listening to my rant. I guess from reading the comments above, I should have checked to see if they were in stock before I ordered them. It seems if the item is in stock, you should have no problem getting it, but if they are out, watch out. I would much rather they just put my order into a backorder state rather than a shipped state. I guess that is how they can justify charging the credit card when there isn't any stock to be had. This order is more than two months old now. I guess I will eventually get it. I'm glad that I did not have an immediate need for them.

Fred

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayse View Post
    Thanks for listening to my rant. I guess from reading the comments above, I should have checked to see if they were in stock before I ordered them. It seems if the item is in stock, you should have no problem getting it, but if they are out, watch out. I would much rather they just put my order into a backorder state rather than a shipped state. I guess that is how they can justify charging the credit card when there isn't any stock to be had. This order is more than two months old now. I guess I will eventually get it. I'm glad that I did not have an immediate need for them.Fred
    Your experience is SOP for Botach.

You can get lucky with them, but it takes low expectations and some effort. Calling ahead to verify stock, then ordering, then following up with a confirmation of the order and stock status is the most successful formula.

In the end, what's your time worth?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayse View Post
    I guess that is how they can justify charging the credit card when there isn't any stock to be had. This order is more than two months old now. I guess I will eventually get it. I'm glad that I did not have an immediate need for them.

Fred
    That is not how it is supposed to happen... If you are happy waiting for the magazines, because they had the best price, great, but if not I would simply cancel the order and have them refund your credit card...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Thanks Guys. The prices are attractive, but the web store really needs an upgrade with realtime stock status. I may wait a little longer, since I have already waited this long. Then, I'll just have to find another place that has them in stock.

Feedback Score

Canceled Botach order

Well, I canceled my order With Botach on Thursday last week. I placed a new order with 44mag.com the same day. I verified that 44mag had the M&P mags in stock via email. I got a message back on Friday that they shipped out to me via USPS. I should have them today or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Botach delivers

Ordered optic friday, shipped monday, received thursday. No problemo. Prices rock. Good idea to verify available stock before ordering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12