Thread: LMT MRP Gas Tube & Gas Block.......

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

LMT MRP Gas Tube & Gas Block.......

This is my first post here, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've called LMT to purchase one of their MRP Gas Tubes & Bas Block for 14.5" or shorter barrels, it shows the tubes on their website for $15.30. I spoke with a rep he told me that they don't sell just the gas tube, so I discussed with him that they're on the website. He had me give him my phone # & had another rep call me. She informed me that they do indeed sell them, but informed me that I needed to order atleast $100 of items per their company policy, I have yet to order from them when the only item I need is $15.30. But now I'm in need of a MRP Gas Tube to complete my build before my deployment, does anyone know where I can get ahold of one?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If if uses non-proprietary gas tubes which IIRC it does, you can get them from Brownells. Ask LMT which one you need, carbine, midlength or rifle length. Don't forget the gas tube roll pin as well.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    it's a proprietary, straight gas tube. i'm interested about your build - did you have a custom barrel done for your MRP?
    another suggestion is simply to order a spare bolt carrier to bump up your order past $100. should have no problem selling it afterwards.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron
    it's a proprietary, straight gas tube. i'm interested about your build - did you have a custom barrel done for your MRP?
    another suggestion is simply to order a spare bolt carrier to bump up your order past $100. should have no problem selling it afterwards.
    My barrel is being made by Noveske Rifle Works, I had a MRP in the past.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    so john's custom-making you a barrel for the MRP? very interesting!
    if it's a custom job, then you can probably use a standard gas block and tube, but have to fabricate the rear gas tube support.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron
    so john's custom-making you a barrel for the MRP? very interesting!
    if it's a custom job, then you can probably use a standard gas block and tube, but have to fabricate the rear gas tube support.
    He's making a complete upper, I was wanting to use the LMT MRP straight gas tube, but I think I'll scrub that.
    "Remember No Matter How Good You Are; There's Always Someone Better or Luckier Than You."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ah, i see - for non-MRP use. yup, you're better off going with a standard gas tube and block. i'll revise my previous statement; a standard gas block wouldn't work with a straight gas tube - the height is too low.