Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manditory Disaster Evacuation

Feedback Score

Manditory Disaster Evacuation

A group of us was bouncing the idea of mandatory evacuation in case of SHTF (of any type) scenario the other night, when I proposed to evacuate with neighbors, in a convoy to a common location outside the disaster area, then separate to individual fallback positions VS staying with the group to one fall back position, and having family and friends from other areas, meet there. Short or long term group consolidation. The idea being strength in numbers.

The plan would have to be in place with multiple redundancies built in and considerations for, but not limited to: Timing, notification, communication, vehicle break down, food, water, fuel, weapons, ammo, rally points (Primary/Alternate) for folks in and out of the disaster area for folks not at home, multiple alternate routes for phased/situational Evacs, common vs separate, fall back positions, convoy to state line, then separate, etc... At one point based on time and type of SHTF event, primary routes would be impassable (Think Katrina) and alternate routes would become primary, etc...this provided quite the discussion.

My final thought was, ideally, to evacuate with like minded and equally trained gun enthusiast, members of M4Carbine. Setting up Evacuation groups by state, similar to training groups, maybe falling back to other M4C members domiciles outside the disaster zone/state, etc...then those groups members can brain storm there own Evac plan/goal (group vs individual, once separated from the group).

Many of these types of Threads have been discussed before. What are your thoughts on an M4C Evac Groups?
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    My final thought was, ideally, to evacuate with like minded and equally trained gun enthusiast, members of M4Carbine. Setting up Evacuation groups by state, similar to training groups, maybe falling back to other M4C members domiciles outside the disaster zone/state, etc...then those groups members can brain storm there own Evac plan/goal (group vs individual, once separated from the group).

Many of these types of Threads have been discussed before. What are your thoughts on an M4C Evac Groups?
    I think it's a great idea, especially for the area you live in. In NV we don't have any natural disasters to speak of so it's a little off topic for me but if you make it this far we've got a couple of spare bedrooms.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    "Surely you won't make me leave Aunt Edna?"

Roger, I have had a lot of thoughts along exactly the same lines as you. The biggest fly in the ointment that I foresee is the lifeboat concept.

If you have a lifeboat with supplies for 25, what happens when you have 60 people climb in? Not nearly as big a deal for a hurricane evac up up the coast, but if it's a really big one, aka TEOTWAWKI.....?

I think you have the best idea for the situation. A multi-family group, with lots of skillsets and resources, is a really viable plan.

My biggest worry has been who gets to look your buddy in the eye, and tell him he can't bring his buddy? Or brother-in-law? Because there simply is no room, other than to strap them onto the luggage rack, and that's full?

Which is why disasters suck, and we pray every night for the safety of our families.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    I think it's a great idea, especially for the area you live in. In NV we don't have any natural disasters to speak of so it's a little off topic for me but if you make it this far we've got a couple of spare bedrooms.

Thanks brother, and the same to you if the Yellowstone caldera erupts, of course if that happens, we all will be on the way, to our own version of "The Road".
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    "Surely you won't make me leave Aunt Edna?"

Roger, I have had a lot of thoughts along exactly the same lines as you. The biggest fly in the ointment that I foresee is the lifeboat concept.

If you have a lifeboat with supplies for 25, what happens when you have 60 people climb in? Not nearly as big a deal for a hurricane evac up up the coast, but if it's a really big one, aka TEOTWAWKI.....?

I think you have the best idea for the situation. A multi-family group, with lots of skillsets and resources, is a really viable plan.

My biggest worry has been who gets to look your buddy in the eye, and tell him he can't bring his buddy? Or brother-in-law? Because there simply is no room, other than to strap them onto the luggage rack, and that's full?

Which is why disasters suck, and we pray every night for the safety of our families.
    I hear you. That subject was discussed as well. Who ever decides to be included will be up to you, depending on yours+their resources, if they have a vehicle, what they have to bring to the table and IF...they could keep there mouth shut (Excluding immediate family, but I have a few worthless blood relations I'd leave behind in a heart beat) OPSEC would be paramount. If the whole neighborhood found out, you'd be shooting neighbors, just to leave your neighborhood. In my area, if one slip of the tongue, even in jest, got out to the little old ladies in tennis shoes, the whole friggin HOA would be notified, which would mean a preplanned, O"Dark 30 departure, would be in order. It may be beneficial to include the "worthless" as a potential food source once my/our stock has been depleted.

Feedback Score
    The more I read, contemplate and plan, the more I think that the small family trying to make it on their own in most dire scenarios is a pipe dream. We all here want to focus on gear and guns, and while I think those are important, your political skills, in a lot of these scenrios, are going to be more determinate of your outcome than your ninja skills. The ability to form coalitions and cohesive groups will be more important you ability to shoot a small group. It won't be the gun you carry that will save your bacon, it is the number of guns backing you up that will be determinate.

And the bad news, we all know our neighbors far less than we did 20 years ago.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post

Excluding immediate family, but I have a few worthless blood relations I'd leave behind in a heart beat......
    You and I probably have kinfolks, then......

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    any plan definitely requires close scrutiny and consideration... it'd really suck to get roped into helping more open mouths than you intended, or ending up linked with people with differing priorities than you. i, for one, would not have it in me to just turn people away, essentially, depending on the circumstances, sentencing them to death or worse. the Christ in me wouldn't allow it. but if they never know where you are to come ask for help, you don't have to turn them down.

i've been thinking about setting up a local network of guys/families with guns and training, for the purpose of (hopefully never having to) linking up if the S ever did HTF, for a couplefew years now. in the event of any kind of collapse, security will be very important. a LOT of people will put their usual/previous sensibilities on hold and have no problem stealing/killing/burning/looting for sake of their own. and that's otherwise "normal" people- think what the normally unstable types will be willing to do...

our M4C regional training groups are a good place to start.. guys you train with on a regular basis- guys you know have guns and ammo and hopefully are of like mind and trustworthy.

Feedback Score
    I would have to say, 1st, self/family/friends/convoy preservation. Every resource diverted from the group (individual families included) will lessen the groups odds at surviving. I am a Christian as well, but I am a practical one. You cannot save everyone. You can only help those you initially plan to save and escape with. Make a plan and stick with it. When in a Survival/Evac group, the responsibility to sustain the group, rest with the individuals within it. Until the situation resolves itself or your group has grown large enough to provide security, and other resources to provide for others, stick with the initial plan and repel all others seeking to take from the group, until the group's goal has been met. Failing to do so, will disrupt the group. They (others in your group) may decide that your ideals of survival, no longer coincides with the group (Your actions endangering the security and resources the group), and you may be asked to separate and fend for yourself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    any plan definitely requires close scrutiny and consideration... like mind and trustworthy.
    while your post was very solid, i liked the beginning and the end the most...important factors
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast