Feedback Score
    Another option.

Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Hmm, Wacha got there?
    My fear is that ahh, the whole island will ahh, become so overly populated, that it will tip over and ahh, and capsize...
    Hank Johnson (D) GA YouTube

Feedback Score
    If anyone has seen pictures from the Thailand riots and clashes between protesters and riot police you'll probably have seen guys with messenger like bags shooting firecrackers with a sling shot. Just some food for thought.

Feedback Score
    Here is something non-tactical, a yoga mat bag.

Most of these bags are long enough (~27") to contain a broken down 16" barreled AR. They most likely will need some reinforcement stitches here and there, but it sure is non-tactical.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    If I had to "Bug Out" it would be down the road, literally less than an 1/8mile from my house. My entire immediate family lives within a 5mile radius and my grandparents have a 7500sqft home. Yes, its huge, yes, they have wealth. My grandma, in her years, is a sort of a pack rat when it comes to canned goods, and other non-perisable food items, plus water bottles. I think this comes from growing up during the Depression years and hording everything they could get their hands on. My family also owns all the surrounding farm land in our area as we farm most of it.

I really have no need to Bug Out. I do carry a "get home bag" in case of emergency while out on the road. I usually keep 72hours of "broken down" MRE's(ie Entrees only) and 2 24oz water bottles and numerous other 12oz bottles in the bag. Also have 100ft of Parachute cord, 2 10x10 camo tarps, a sleeping bag, flashlight, 3 lighters, and 3 extra mags for my G21sf which is my main carry weapon(stays in my car with my Phantom holster and my TLR-1 light attached).

I have debated on keeping a long gun of some kind, maybe a 18in Shotgun and extra ammo but it would be way to cumbersome and just extra weight to carry.

My bag has that much stuff in it as I am usually not alone when traveling and my concern for my passengers is why I have so much extra in my bag.

My bag is the newer issue military ruck(the name has slipped my mind right now I wanna say CF-90 or something like that) so I have plenty of room.

Bugging out of my home is not necessary, as I live in a rural area, and have plenty of family to go to that are close enough by.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rkba01 View Post
    Here is something non-tactical, a yoga mat bag.

Most of these bags are long enough (~27") to contain a broken down 16" barreled AR. They most likely will need some reinforcement stitches here and there, but it sure is non-tactical.
    Interesting idea, but the problem is, most of us don't exactly look like grass-eating yoga practitioners

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If I’m in my truck so is my 12 gauge....
    Not even 30 min ago I was leaving my girlfriends and we were standing out by my car. A car-load of gang bangers bumping their music drove by and instantly I had a bad feeling. About 5 min later they drive by going the opposite direction, pull into a driveway and start to turn around. At this point I tell my girlfriend to go inside. Wasting time she asks "why" and now it’s too late so I tell her to get in the car and stay low. I sit in my car and pull my shotgun onto my lap and disengage the safety. (I just knew they were about to pull a drive by). As they began to pass I slightly start to lift my weapon with it still out of sight. While passing one of them yells out "****ING GRINGO!!" and they continue to drive away. This was in a very up-scale neighborhood (unlike mine). These boys were cruising the rich neighborhood looking to start shit..

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norinco_Luv View Post
    If I’m in my truck so is my 12 gauge....
    Not even 30 min ago I was leaving my girlfriends and we were standing out by my car. A car-load of gang bangers bumping their music drove by and instantly I had a bad feeling. About 5 min later they drive by going the opposite direction, pull into a driveway and start to turn around. At this point I tell my girlfriend to go inside. Wasting time she asks "why" and now it’s too late so I tell her to get in the car and stay low. I sit in my car and pull my shotgun onto my lap and disengage the safety. (I just knew they were about to pull a drive by). As they began to pass I slightly start to lift my weapon with it still out of sight. While passing one of them yells out "****ING GRINGO!!" and they continue to drive away. This was in a very up-scale neighborhood (unlike mine). These boys were cruising the rich neighborhood looking to start shit..
    Add to this the fact that:

1) LE is still active
    2) The lights are still on
    3) The Homies probably still had chow in their little tummies

Take all those away, and the need for some defensive firepower becomes much much greater.

Hearing about situations like this erodes my laziness on the SBR issue; I need to nut up and fill out some paperwork, and send in the tax.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 05-31-10 at 05:50.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’m just glad they didn’t pull a gun...It wouldn’t be easy explaining to my girlfriends family a carload of dead gangbangers outside their house. lol

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617