Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDPA?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IDPA?

I have been invited to join and shoot with a local IDPA club. This will provide me a place to shoot ( hard to find here) and also get to shoot with people that are probably a lot better than me. Can anybody give me any advice on what to do or haow to do it or is there some reason why I should not do it? I have plenty of experience shooting various forms of weapons, but I have never shot "official" competition before.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    make sure you have a working understanding of the rules.
    www.idpa.com

keep the muzzle in a safe direction while moving (if you are not shooting) and
    don't "over-think" the tactics for the stage.
    the will to win is nothing without the will to prepare.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If it is like most IDPA clubs, they will have their own ways of dealing with "new shooters" (which means people new to shooting IDPA, not necessarily new to shooting entirely, so this would include you).

pistol
    belt
    holster (quality holster, no soft-sided nylon)
    double mag pouch (or two singles)
    3 magazines (at least)
    ammo (200 rounds should be more than plenty)
    good attitude
    ability to listen

If every new shooter showed up at our IDPA matches with the above we would be very, very, very happy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

If every new shooter showed up at our IDPA matches with the above we would be very, very, very happy.
    I agree wholeheartedly, make sure you have decent gear and know how to use it.

Don't work yourself up worrying about doing well or winning. Just go, relax, follow directions, and hit your targets.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice. I found out that the first shoot I will be going to is "the classifier". I have read the rules and understand them. It looks like it will be a lot of fun and will help hone my skills. "Iron sharpens iron." I did check and all of my ccw holsters and gear are IDPA legal so I should be GTG in that department. My plan is to concentrate more on hits than speed at least during this outing.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Where is this IDPA match located?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Near Savannah, Ga. It is a local club match.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I hear they run a fun match down there. Take the advices given here, especially the one by RobS, be safe and enjoy yourself.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I hear they run a fun match down there. Take the advices given here, especially the one by RobS, be safe and enjoy yourself.
    I will have fun, but I think RobS is in south Florida not South Ga. If he is at this one I would like to meet him he has given out lots of good advice on this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast