Thread: Question about Concealed Carry in GA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question about Concealed Carry in GA

Quick question for your Georgia residents. As a Florida resident with my concealed carry license we have reciprocity with Georgia. Well the kids have begged, so I am taking them to Dragon Con this weekend. I'm sure at one point I will be riding the MARTA. Is there a restriction as to carrying on a MARTA train? Any other restrictions I should be aware of (I.e. specific places where I cant carry)? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Is there a restriction as to carrying on a MARTA train? Any other restrictions I should be aware of (I.e. specific places where I cant carry)? Thanks.
    You're good to go on MARTA, law went into effect last year permitting legally concealed weapon on public transportation.

You can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, but you can't drink.

You can't carry into schools, government buildings, sporting events, political events, and places with metal detectors at the door

If you're going to the Georgia Aquarium, leave your piece at the hotel or in the car, they search your bags and have metal detectors.

Have fun.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    You can't carry in bars or restaurants that earn more than 50% of their income from alcohol (I think that number's correct). All the Taco Macs I've been in lately have no CCW signs hanging up.

Feedback Score
    You may also not carry to what is considered a public gathering, Dragon Con may be a no go on the CCW.

You can thank jim crowe legislation for that one.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/ That should tell you all you need to know about CCW in the State of Georgia.
    Last edited by An Undocumented Worker; 09-03-09 at 17:39. Reason: added link to gapacking.org

Feedback Score
    School safe zones- cant carry within 1000 feet of any school property

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by An Undocumented Worker View Post
    You may also not carry to what is considered a public gathering, Dragon Con may be a no go on the CCW.

You can thank jim crowe legislation for that one.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/ That should tell you all you need to know about CCW in the State of Georgia.
    That was one of my concerns, but apparently it is a private event since you have to buy a membership to attend.

Feedback Score