Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prvi Partizan Ammunition Plant Explosion

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Prvi Partizan Ammunition Plant Explosion

I thought this may be of interest to the M4C Team. Saw this on another website. Translation is not mine so I cannot guarantee the accuracy.

http://www.krstarica.com/s/index.php...Mediji/Novine/

At 9:30 PM Europe time four large explosions rocked the manufacturer of first partisan Prvi partizan) ammunition in Uzicu. Explosions occurred in the tunnels under the mountain at the city entrance. Rescue discovered six bodies.
    The fire is localized and is no danger of more expositions. 13 workers were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Cause of the explosion is under investigation.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    There goes the practice ammo.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    That's sad to hear. We can buy other ammo, but the lives lost are irreplaceable.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Prices will go up...
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    There goes the practice ammo.
    My thoughts as well. Although I think PRVI makes larger calibers (like 60mm, 82mm, 120mm mortar, 105mm howitzer, etc). Perhaps it was this plant that blew up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    One should not rule out the possibility of foul play... failing global economy, massive loss of jobs, rumblings of more bans, already limited ammo supplies now this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Except for the loss of life, it sounds like it wasn't too bad and isolated in one part of the factory.

I doubt we will see a price increase.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    One should not rule out the possibility of foul play... failing global economy, massive loss of jobs, rumblings of more bans, already limited ammo supplies now this.

I seriously doubt it. Five employees failed to follow the safety rules.

Arrested five employees because of the tragedy in Uzice

Due to the explosion in the factory užičkoj "Prvi Partizan, which killed seven workers, arrested five employees of the factory, said Interior Minister Ivica Dacic. The cause of the tragedy the human factor.

Results of the investigation showed that carbon monoxide asphyxiation cause of death of seven factory workers Uzice "The partisan, and explosions - the human factor and that is because the person arrested five employees of the company, said Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Ivica Dacic.

The Minister said that the five employees alleged to have complied with the measures of protection at work and "did not respect the instructions on manipulating gunpowder," which, he said, led to the death of workers and destruction of property.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    "Ammoman" sent an email about this that contained a message from their contacts.

Dear friend and colleague,

With great sadness we regret to inform you of an incident at the Prvi Partizan Amunition factory in Uzice.

A series of explosions occurred Thursday evening, severely injuring fourteen employees. Seven injuries were fatal.

None of the machinery at the plant was damaged, but other damage was caused by activation of the sprinkler system which resulted in a flood that will delay production. It is estimated that production and shipping will be delayed approximately 2-3 weeks.

We are very aware the effect of this delay and appreciate your patience and understanding.

We will keep you informed as matters progress.

Sincerely,

TR&Z team

Feedback Score
    I wonder if working in a ammo factory and a candy factory are the same in a sense you can eat all the candy you want ? wonder if you can shoot all the ammo you want ?

at least the workers would not be fat in the ammo factory

bummer to hear people were killed for others stupidity though !!!!
    Last edited by Honu; 09-05-09 at 23:29.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast