Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: removing suppressor - stuck

Feedback Score

removing suppressor - stuck

Last edited by hpower1; 05-22-17 at 13:44. Reason: .

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Wow - that sucks. Dry lube is always a good idea. What you need to do is heat up the collar with a propane tourch. Wrap it collar/barrel area with a strip of tin foil if you are worring about discoloration...NOT. I use the "Ove-Glove" to scew off my silencers. After heating up good around the collar, twist off like hell.

Just want to mention, you are heating from the outside in - if you drop a few mags through it, sure it will get hot, but that is from the inside out, and expansion is working against you.

Always can call AWC.
    Last edited by m4fun; 09-04-09 at 18:38.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anti Seize - yes, use this. Just be careful not to get it on your clothes - it isn't coming out - ever.

As long as the suppressor isn't being damaged by firing it, fire one or two round and then remove it. If it is really hard to do, try a strap wrench.

Good luck

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Ran into this problem myself with a SpecWar 556K on one of my casual plinking uppers. I was testing some loads on my Recce for 3 gun and while it was still hot moved it over to the other upper which was cold. Mistake! I shot it a bit but not nearly as much then it wouldn't come off at the end of the day. Tried running some mags through it. Nothing. The locking collar turns just fine but that's not getting it off. Tried some WD40 dry lube teflon. Nothing. Alcohol, nothing. Currently put some CLP on it and have it soaking in vertically overnight, will see if that frees it up. Might pick up anti seize and/or penetrating oil tomorrow. I gotta get this thing off so I can put it back on my Recce for a match this weekend.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rubber mallet and tap all around the collar about 2-3 complete times around the can

If it still won't come off, vise the barrel and strap wrench (harbor freight) the can off...

Feedback Score
    Well nuts. The mount unscrewed from the barrel with the can stuck to it. At least now i can take it to the shop for help.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    hpower1, if you delete all your post no-one new learns anything, not the idea of the forum.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    Well nuts. The mount unscrewed from the barrel with the can stuck to it. At least now i can take it to the shop for help.
    Then that actually works more in your favor now, have someone hold the can (or vise it). The muzzle device has wrench flats on it, should come loose pretty easy with a wrench. When you remount, need to invest in some Rocksett !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast