Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for LEO's

Feedback Score

Question for LEO's

Hey guys, I have been LEO for some time now and like alot of others I have had hell keeping the trunk of my patrol car organized. My question is this: Can anyone point me in the right direction for storage units that fit into a Crown Vic trunk that is both user friendly and not gonna break the bank? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dutch
    " Honesta Mors, Turpi Vita Potior!"
    http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14120.png

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch308 View Post
    Hey guys, I have been LEO for some time now and like alot of others I have had hell keeping the trunk of my patrol car organized. My question is this: Can anyone point me in the right direction for storage units that fit into a Crown Vic trunk that is both user friendly and not gonna break the bank? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dutch
    Clear Tupperware storage tubs in various depths and sizes will help eliminate the clutter.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Go to 7-11 or another store like that and see if they have any milk crates to give away. They are cheap or free and you can organize your trunk that way. I have one crate with my flares, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and another with my finger print kit, gloves, evidence bags, etc. You can set up any way and its cheap and inexpensive.
    One of the guys on my squad built his own trunk organizer out of plywood. Hopefully my two cents helped

Feedback Score
    Crates are good for flares!

Feedback Score
    I have found that the Rubbermaid Action Packers work very well.
    Their heavy duty latchable lids makes them a good choice for patrol use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not LEO, but all of my emergency gear in the trunk of the commuter car is in a milk crate and it's perfect!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know there is a company that sells a plastic tub for the trunk of the CV that has movable dividers so you can set it up how you want it. I was interested in getting one but our CV's had the full-size spare laying in the bottom of the trunk instead of on the shelf because our radios, and control boxes were up there. I ended up going the Rubbermaid Action Packer route instead. For a soft-sided solution, you might take a look at the Kelty Binto Hauler 3.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 12-09-10 at 00:02.

Feedback Score
    I use multiple bags..... "riot", "report writing", "evidence/cameras etc". This way they are individually not to heavy. They are flexible and will conform to available space and I can grab which ever one applies to a given scenario.

I tried the single BIG BOX once...... that liked to have killed my back lifting it outta the Crown Vic trunk at EOW!

A side note for officer safety!!!

Those of you who run single man cars and are prone to having the right seat piled with stuff......... PUT IT IN THE TRUNK! The day may come when you will need to bail out the right side of the car, as opposed to going out the driver side and exposing yourself, or your driver door may be pinned closed after the T/C. That roadblock in your right seat may cost you valuable time, or worse.... The day may also come when you need to scoop up your partner to get them the hell outa dodge and to a hospital, and they will need a clear place to sit.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Feedback Score
    I'm not an LEO, but I travel enough that I have the same problem getting my trunk clear of clutter. I recently purchased a trunk organizer that works pretty well for this challenge:

Now I just need a bigger trunk so I can fit two of these puppies in it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by st_judas View Post
    I'm not an LEO, but I travel enough that I have the same problem getting my trunk clear of clutter. I recently purchased a trunk organizer that works pretty well for this challenge:

Now I just need a bigger trunk so I can fit two of these puppies in it.
    That would work if you were one of those lucky LEO's who was issued a car, however most of us have to share which means loading and unloading.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast