Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Lambo fans...

Feedback Score

Any Lambo fans...

A shot from maybe three years ago. Stopped this guy the summer before I finally retired. Just found some pics I'd forgotten I had. Thought I'd share.

The speed wasn't all that amazing....He was very decent and I shot him a break. Do recall joking with him that he should be ashamed to get caught at a mere 90 whatever on OPEN Montana roads in THAT car.

FN in MT

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Nice car. What are the speed limits like out in Montana? There's a car company that rents out high end cars such as the lambo. I believe there called Gotham Dream Cars.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FN in MT View Post
    A shot from maybe three years ago. Stopped this guy the summer before I finally retired. Just found some pics I'd forgotten I had. Thought I'd share.

The speed wasn't all that amazing....He was very decent and I shot him a break. Do recall joking with him that he should be ashamed to get caught at a mere 90 whatever on OPEN Montana roads in THAT car.

FN in MT
    The guys you worry about are the ones that are going 90 in cars that should not be going 90... (like the police car in the pic )

Did they finally repeal the "unlimited speed limit" (or "reasonable and prudent") during daylight hours on the MT highways?

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Yeah the "Reckless and Ridiculous" limit went away years ago. Now 75 on the Interstate and 70 mph on most of the State Hwy's.

The "Reasonable and Prudent" limit worked surprisingly well after the inital exuberance passed. The average driver was at 80 mph or so on the highways. About where they are now with a 75 limit.

Man but the Troopers did wear out some cars back then. We had some Fords but mostly the big Chevy Caprices. We would cruise at 95-105 daytime, then at night it was back to 70-75 as we have so many suiciddal farm animals and big game.

The old days!! LOL.

FN in MT

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The animals were foaming at the mouth and charging at the vehicles!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I adore high performance sports cars and while I'm a much larger fan of Ferrari (due to their actual competition with their cars) as opposed to the poseur nature of Lamborghini. That is a very rare Lamborghina Diablo Spyder (i.e., convertible). Very powerful and sounds like the devil when on full throttle. Did you let them go? I sure as Hades would.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I adore high performance sports cars and while I'm a much larger fan of Ferrari (due to their actual competition with their cars) as opposed to the poseur nature of Lamborghini. That is a very rare Lamborghina Diablo Spyder (i.e., convertible). Very powerful and sounds like the devil when on full throttle. Did you let them go? I sure as Hades would.
    That's the successor to the Diablo, it's a Murcielago Roadster.

And Lambo has competed in ALMS. They haven't done it as well or as often as Ferrari, but I think that's part of the reason why you sometimes see people say they are Ferrari fans more-so than Lambo. Wouldn't matter to me either way if someone tossed me the keys lol.
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FN in MT View Post

FN in MT
    i bet it's hard to go less than 90 in car like that.

that's cool ya cut him a break... doesn't sound like he was trying to be reckless.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    i bet it's hard to go less than 90 in car like that.
    Could probably do it in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    i think my 3rd tops at 90, so im sure a lambo does it in 2nd

great shot btw
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast