Thread: Things I learned today re 1911s

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Things I learned today re 1911s

My S&W PD has decided to have "hammer follow" problems. Fortunately, the hammer stops at the half-cock position.

Kimber Compacts fit quite well in the Galco Royal Guard holsters manufactured for Glock 19/23 frames (RG 226).

Just passing this along.
    Last edited by Amicus; 09-06-09 at 16:10.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You have two options, have S&W fix the gun under warranty or go out and get some good tool steel parts installed in that thing. The latter would be my recommendation.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    I had a case of hammer follow when my Springfield came back from Quantico for the first time (with 10-8 goodies installed). Brought it back the following day to the 2112 who worked on it. He broke it down right there and said my sear spring was shit. Upgraded to a Ed Brown Hard Core unit. Took it down to South Hill and ignition proved to be positive and reliable.

Just my .02 cents. May the force be with you.