Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Poor Man's" self defense ammo

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Without digging I thought I read that the Winchester 64 grain PSP load was acceptable at the low end. I purchased some of that years ago at Walmart at a reasonable price.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have heard from some people at ar15.com that the last lot of prvi they got wasn't up to milspec. Little to no bullet sealant and little low on the velocity. This may have just be a chance happening as plants do make mistakes.

I would still pic Prvi m193 over Federal bulk.

If you want cheaper - I have had good luck with the Centurion non milspec loaded but marked m193 ammo. I have a few hundred rounds left of this ammo from a year ago and it was very accurate out of my 1/9 rifle. It is not milspec but it is clean and consistant.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not exactly cheap... but I'm starting to like this Q3131A1 Korean made stuff. A couple of us on TOS had good fragging results. What I've seen of the ammo so far has me liking it MUCH better than 3131 or XM193.

Seems to frag better than PRVI too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not exactly cheap... but I'm starting to like this Q3131A1 Korean made stuff. A couple of us on TOS had good fragging results. What I've seen of the ammo so far has me liking it MUCH better than 3131 or XM193.

Seems to frag better than PRVI too.
    I like the Q3131A1 stuff as well, but still have high regards for PRVI M193.

My buddy bought a few K of the PRVI 75gr and we have seen impressive fragmentation performance into water bottles all the way to 100 yards (max range we had access to) out of his 16" Colt and my 14.5" LMT.

Feedback Score
    How about 55gr winchester Ranger soft points?

http://www.ombexpress.com/sf_767/c_282/p_AM526.aspx
    Last edited by erik18; 10-12-09 at 05:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12