Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk wife swap??????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If my wife died I'd probably just save my money and switch to hookers.

Seriously though if my wife were to pass on I would be shattered. She is my best friend as well as lover. But I would carry on. I'm already the complete man, I can set up a company defensive perimeter, cook, handle resupply and logistics, do the laundry, provide instruction in field sanitation, help the kids with the home work, etc.. So my need for someone to fill those rolls would be minimal (though an extra hand would be appreciated). But I dont think I could ever find another who so compliments me, who serves the yin to my yang.

So yeah I'll just stick with the hookers.

Feedback Score
    My wife is a real trooper. Tougher than me in a lot of aspects. If I went, I think she would do okay. Probably better in the long term. We have had this conversation lightly, and I insist that she remarry. All pride aside, I have a son and he will eventually need a male role model in the house. She better marry a doctor or something.

In a disaster she would fair pretty well. She has a level head and knows mostly what I know and then some. She could use some more trigger time though. Son is old enough to contribute a little on light duty tasks.

As far as if she passed... I'd be screwed. My wife is my bestfriend. My whole world would fall apart. A definite SHTF scenario for me in itself. I figure that I'd adapt and overcome eventually. I'd have to lean on my family a lot though.

What a depressing thought.

Feedback Score
    No wife or husband and manage ok. It's possible.
    Deeds, not words.

Feedback Score
    I don't know about the dying part, but when I got divorced, all of a sudden, I found all these 20s and 50 dollar bills in my wallet.....
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post

New

York

Reload

Lock it up, this thread's done. Landlord wins.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12