Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever Lose Something and go Crazy trying to find it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ever Lose Something and go Crazy trying to find it?

Ever have one of those days were you just cant find something? You spend hours trying to locate a item until it drives you crazy. I was thinking if I cant find the little items with hours to locate them then what about if the SHTF and I really needed it. So now I just got back from the store from buying a couple rubber maid totes to finish off locating, labeling and storing all of those little items that you know one would have to have during a SHTF vehicle bug-out.

I still didn't find that pesky vertical grip I was looking for after four hours of searching. To rub salt in the wound its one of those items you just don't find locally a Fobus model FGG-S.

Feedback Score
    Yea try a 2 year old girl that hides the car keys and it takes you 3 days to find them

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    usually if it's been over an hour looking for something, for me at least, it's time to re-assess my operation- because it's probably in the FIRST place i should have looked.

two of my favorite sayings about finding things:

"aint it funny how you always find something in the last place you look??"

"i found it. it was right where i left it."

its good to search for shit for hours on end.. one of those rare (hopefully?) reminders that you're not the sooper genius you generally think of yourself as.

and thomas- i have 3 boys under the age of 6 with another set of buns baking in the oven.. i learned years ago to keep at least three sets of keys. not just the car keys, but ALL keys- gun safe, regularily used padlocks, toolbox, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've searched for things for hours on end... always make sure you look at least twice, everywhere - because sure as shit your mind will not register the item you're looking for the first time you see it. This happens to me every couple of months when the clutter gets bad, or when I go for a rarely used tool/item and it's MIA. It usually comes down to me blaming the wife for putting things away - I knew right where the hell it was before she "put it away" and then forgot where she put it!

And then she says something about me having cleaning supplies and tools on her coffee table, and I'm sleeping in the recliner...

Oh well, at least I know where my stuff is now!
    Last edited by Chooie; 09-10-09 at 23:06.

Feedback Score
    I work in a Prison,one time we had a co-worker misplaced some keys and we all went nuts trying to find them without anyone knowing about them(inmates or other shift employees)and I was the shift supervisor who had to answer for anything that happens on our shift.Finally I found them,after a couple hours of wondering if I still had a job the next day.Like I said a co-worker misplaced them in the wrong place.We always try to look out for one another on our shift,what happens on our shift stays on our shift.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    usually if it's been over an hour looking for something, for me at least, it's time to re-assess my operation- because it's probably in the FIRST place i should have looked.

two of my favorite sayings about finding things:

"aint it funny how you always find something in the last place you look??"

"i found it. it was right where i left it."

its good to search for shit for hours on end.. one of those rare (hopefully?) reminders that you're not the sooper genius you generally think of yourself as.
    This post is perfect! I just found a Leatherman I had given up on months ago. It was after a move. I searched and searched, and searched. Gave up too. Where was it? In one of my job specific tool kits at the bottom under the black box of sheet rock screws, the nylon case of the knife blending into the nylon case of the tool bag. A box of finishing nails propping up the screws to make an awesome false bottom. DDddooohhh! And I thought I was organized.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Ever have one of those days were you just cant find something?"

Do you mean today? Or some other day just like it?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I try to keep specific items in specific places and return them as soon as I'm done with it/them. I received numerous whippings while growing up for not putting tools back where they belong. Generally, I don't lose things. Generally meaning one time I walked around for 15 minutes looking for a hat. I was wearing it. Talk about feeling like an idiot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everything I own has a very specific place where it resides. On the occasion that I leave a tool or something somewhere else in the house because I'm going to be using it there again, the only time I lose it is when my wife decides that it doesn't need to be there. Then, she proceeds to forget where she put it, and that is why I now have about 47 screwdrivers.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    Yea try a 2 year old girl that hides the car keys and it takes you 3 days to find them
    HaHa, I've riden that pony a few times!

About two weeks ago my son "played with" my lanyard with my installation access badge on it. Weekends here are Friday-Saturday and I realized it wasn't in my bag Friday morning when I pulled up to the gate. Thank goodness I was off. We found it in hidden in one of his toy buggies Satruday night. I swear "it's always in the last place you look!"

As far as your small knick-knacks for your distaster preparations a good idea would to maybe double up on what you can. At least that way you have a back up if your primary goes MIA or KIA.

My 2cents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast