Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupidest @$%&ing thing I've seen all week...Don't point guns at your associates.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Yes...and if you fly out of the bunk and promise to re-arrange his dentistry if he doesn't put the weapon away, odds are the game will stop.

Further, if everybody had that reaction the game would stop.

Now that a good Marine had his brains blown out for no good reason, perhaps this form of stupidity will stop. It's one thing to have a man die in combat...it's another to have him die because some dumbass deliberately points a gun at his head and pulls the trigger.
    Exactly what I meant and was too pissed off to clearly articulate.

Feedback Score
    Unsupervised children.

Feedback Score
    Incidents like this makes me ponder the question "How dumb can a mother****er be???" What a ****ing waste of life. You'd think that macho/bravado shit, especially with weapons, would have been dealt with by now. It was clearly murder, 2nd degree. Those ****ers who "flag" others for laughs, should also have their brains splattered all over the deck or at least placed in a coma. Stupid shit like this pisses me off to no end.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 09-11-09 at 22:38.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    It's murder, no way around it.....they can call it a game or whatever...peel the onion and it is murder.

Every Marine is taught the 4 safety rules, it doesn't matter what MOS. Forget the condition codes, that idiot can't get past the:

"Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot"

He was murdered, it doesn't matter if he wanted to play the game or it was a unit function or he got up on the wrong side of the rack. The person that pulled the trigger is responsible.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i think leadership generally takes it for granted that youngins will practice weapon safety.. i mean, they're ****in GUNS afterall.. everyone knows not to point guns at people.

i remember doing dime-washer drills and using the other guy's iris as my "target." new guys have absolutely no respect for firearms. it took me seeing a few "unloaded" guns discharging before i really started caring about muzzle discipline and general gun safety.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow. Now hes dead. Real cool asshole.

Everyday he is in the brig they should have someone come "play the game" with him.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why is a "Game" like this allowed to be played at all? Surly some one of a higher rank knows this stupid ass shit is happening, and should have gotten it already under control. If they knew and didn't, then they too should be held accountable for that shit.

Stupid is, as stupid does.
    Last edited by Gramps; 09-12-09 at 01:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Yes...and if you fly out of the bunk and promise to re-arrange his dentistry if he doesn't put the weapon away, odds are the game will stop.

Further, if everybody had that reaction the game would stop.

Now that a good Marine had his brains blown out for no good reason, perhaps this form of stupidity will stop. It's one thing to have a man die in combat...it's another to have him die because some dumbass deliberately points a gun at his head and pulls the trigger.
    Please, no one get me wrong. If I was brave enough to have joined the military, I'd have been in his (the guy holding the gun) face. I just think that there's a bit of "machismo" associated with being in harms way. I think they almost have to believe that they can't die. If they don't, how can you make it day to day over there?

Again, please realize this is from my perspective, a civilian who respects what the brave men and women of our military do every day. I have a friend, who came back from over there that I knew better than any other friend. His muzzle discipline was out the fraking window when he got back. We went out shooting groundhogs one day and his answer was the same every stinking time he swept someone with the muzzle... "I ain't on the trigger, trust me." I had a very difficult time dealing with him because he was a bit, how shall I say it... easy to set off. He used to be the epitome of safety. He dealt with a lot, and I wasn't about to correct him in that venue. When we were back in the truck and all the guns were put away, I talked with him about it, and he got angry, like I didn't trust him. It had nothing to do with trust, it had everything to do with safety in my book, which we'd been taught since we were 5. Being in that type of environment changed his point of view far more that the childhood of shooting together ever could. We're still friends, but we don't go shooting together anymore.

I didn't mean that people shouldn't question wrong doings, but there's a level of respect that I have for those that have been there done that, that I can never experience. I just think that it's silly to ever point a gun at someone you "trust" regardless of how much they may or may not trust you. Friend or Foe right? You just don't point weapons at a friend.

I guess I can see the "trust issue" side of it, but there's plenty of better ways to establish trust in ones friends. Again, from a person who's never "been there, done that".

I may have taken the so called "game" wrong. I just wouldn't point a gun at someone I called a friend, regardless of what was going on. Perhaps why I consider myself one of the thankful rather than the thankless. God bless our troops.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    What a waste.

How come a NCO didn't stomp this guys guts out the first time this was tried?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    What a shitty way to leave this world...R.I.P Lance Cpl. Patrick Malone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast