Thread: Anyone using JP VTAC Forend???

Feedback Score

Anyone using JP VTAC Forend???

Has anyone got any pics of a JP VTAC Forend on their rifle? I have only seen a couple pics on their company website, and it's not quite what I need.
    I'm looking to see what these things look like installed on a rifle.

Also, if anyone has any pics of any "tubular" type M4 forends, which have rails added seperately, I'd love to see them. One example of this, would be the YHM customizeable, tubular carbine forends, which are basically tubular forends, that you can add rails to, in the positions that you choose.

I'm just looking for something a bit different for my latest Colt M4 project. That is, something different than your average Daniel Defense, or Knights Armament, or Troy railed forend designs...

Has anyone got any suggestions for something that might be up my alley???

As stated, I'm looking to add rails to a 16" Colt M4, and possibly free float the bbl. However, I'd just like something a bit different than the usual...

VLTOR is one option I'm considering, and I've also come here to ask you guys about any ROUND, TUBULAR type forends, which you add rails to, in various positions around the tube, to create a customized look...

ANY help would be GREAT guys!

Feedback Score
    PRI tubes, like on the SPR

[ link to LARGER image ]

The JP handguard, similar but not identical to the VTAC
    [ link to LARGER image ]

Another PRI
    [ link to LARGER image ]

VTAC
    [ link to LARGER image ]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Zak,

I have heard the V-tac needs loctite on the threads when you install it otherwise the tube may spin...is that correct.

The V-Tac is 1/3 the price the PRI is and I refuse to buy the Swan Sleeve. I'm also interested in a V-Tac hand guard...whats the difference with the JP version, I thought JP only sells the V-tac version now?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    No, because it has a gazillion screws that screw the outer tube to the nut. If you zoom into that last picture, you can see it.

Yes, I think JP only sells the new VTAC style.

Feedback Score
    Also, if you want a cheap tube, there are other options out there, like I think the carbon fiber one Clark uses and probably some others. Get out the drill and make your own holes!

[ link to LARGER image ]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's what I wanted to hear. I started a similar thread a while back, and some dude told me he had to Loctite the threads on the tube. I just don't have the coin for a carbon fiber tube right now, but I just want to get carbine length V-tac hand guard for an urban PSD gun I'm putting together.
    I also like the capability for the "monolithic" top rail look without the added height.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Once you make sure it's all together, I personally would loc-tite all those circumferential screws, however. I get paranoid about that stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak Smith
    Once you make sure it's all together, I personally would loc-tite all those circumferential screws, however. I get paranoid about that stuff.
    Using loctite on the individual screws makes complete sense but on the main hand guard nut...I didn't think that sounded right.

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Zak/Raining Brass,

The instructions say otherwise.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, you are right about the main tube. They also want you to loctite the index screws.

5. Now, slide the tube over the barrel and onto the receiver extension nut. Index to the screw holes, and install the seven 6-32 flat head screws with Loc-Tite 242 to retain the tube.
    For what it's worth, on their modular trigger, they said to not add loctite and guess what happened....