Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the ninja cock (one handed load video)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    Ok, easy man, so its not a drill (I didn't realize that drill was such a derogatory term). Anyway, that wasn't really the focus of my post. So in the USPSA match/stage/game/timed-scored whatever you want to call it, obviously you said you can shoot the course of fire in whatever manner you want as long as within some basic outlined description. My question was more about is this totally for show or practicing a valid one-hand manipulation? If it wasn't specifically designed with the can to simulate one hand being incapacitated then could it be faster (and more reliable) to slap the mag in with the off hand and then grab the can while doing the crazy slide racking?

Didn't mean to offend you man. Was just asking a question.
    Not offended, just replying, if you took it as I was offended, I assure you, I was not. Just your own interpretation I suppose.
    I dont get worked up on shooting boards I assure you
    As to the validity of one handed manipulation, your opinions will vary there too not really sure I can give you an objective answer.
    Last edited by Cold; 09-14-09 at 20:28.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for showing me that Cold. Greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see the "Mall Ninja" variant of it. Samurai Cock anyone????
    Last edited by geminidglocker; 09-14-09 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    I dont get worked up on shooting boards I assure you
    Good to know. Guess I'm too used to on a lot of boards ppl having a fit when you're just trying to ask a question and I went too much on the defensive. My bad. Why the internet will never be a replacement for good old fashion face to face conversations.

Perhaps dragging things a bit off course but can you instead maybe comment at all on the thinking behind the can from a from a stage design perspective? Just there to add some variety or some training/real world scenario recreation reasoning behind it? Just curious
    Last edited by Icculus; 09-14-09 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    Good to know. Guess I'm too used to on a lot of boards ppl having a fit when you're just trying to ask a question and I went too much on the defensive. My bad. Why the internet will never be a replacement for good old fashion face to face conversations.

Perhaps dragging things a bit off course but can you instead maybe comment at all on the thinking behind the can from a from a stage design perspective? Just there to add some variety or some training/real world scenario recreation reasoning behind it? Just curious
    You mean why having him carry the ammo can?

The stage designer just was adding an element of something different, usually you start hands relaxed at sides, or in surrender position. This was a table start requiring the shooter to move the ammo can from the table to the other table marked with the X, in any manner he felt doable, this was Robs choice on how to shoot the COF. In fact it was the way most shooters ran the stage (less then one handed cock).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's gotta be one heck of a light slide spring. I just tried that with my G17 (loaded with dummy rounds of course) for a good 5 minutes and not once did I get it to work.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You've got to have some serious rearward momentum to accomplish that! I tried about 20 times with dummy rounds and my arm and shoulder hurt as a result! Being it said it was a stock spring, I can't imagine how many repetitions it took to get it down!

Impressive... you're journey to the dark side far surpasses mine! I am but a learner, you are the master. (Darth Vader voice)
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

ToddG Guest
    It's worth pointing out that in USPSA (like most gun games), most methods of racking the slide one-handed (on your belt, downward on the table edge) would likely get you disqualified for violating the 180 rule.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    That's gotta be one heck of a light slide spring. I just tried that with my G17 (loaded with dummy rounds of course) for a good 5 minutes and not once did I get it to work.
    Its not, its a factory G35 guide rod and spring... it stated so at the start of one of the videos.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    You've got to have some serious rearward momentum to accomplish that! I tried about 20 times with dummy rounds and my arm and shoulder hurt as a result! Being it said it was a stock spring, I can't imagine how many repetitions it took to get it down!

Impressive... you're journey to the dark side far surpasses mine! I am but a learner, you are the master. (Darth Vader voice)
    Rob is putting a how to video togeather, its all technique and getting a dead stop at one point before moving forward, Rob is not super strong, its technique.
    Last edited by Cold; 09-15-09 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    It hurt when i tried it, but never got a round in the chamber. i had to watch it 3 times to figure out how he loaded the gun!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast