Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Haught Shotgun AAR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I would say no. The CQB position can actually create a different type of malfunction where the hull sits straight up in the chamber.

C4
    Grant,

What about when you shoot it left handed?

Was there any discussion of the Saiga style of shotguns? I know they are becoming popular in three gun matches. I own one and am very pleased with its performance and reliability.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The class looks awesome and I regret that I couldnt be up there and take part. If there is a round 2, I certainly plan to be there.

When it comes to the Flite Control ammo, I transitioned my personal guns to this load after seeing its effectiveness at work. IMO, the Flite Control load has eliminated the need for having your gun reworked by guys like Hans Vang.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    The class looks awesome and I regret that I couldnt be up there and take part. If there is a round 2, I certainly plan to be there.

When it comes to the Flite Control ammo, I transitioned my personal guns to this load after seeing its effectiveness at work. IMO, the Flite Control load has eliminated the need for having your gun reworked by guys like Hans Vang.
    We were all disappointed that you couldn't make it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Grant, Rob,

Realy wanted to make it out, but over commited again. Things should be better for the next class.

You point on autos vs. semis Grant. I backed into shotguns after about 8 years in the Infanty. My first shotgun purchase was a 870. My thoughts are casual shooters are better off with a quality semi's, in particular if they use alot of other weapons that are semi's.

If you invest the time in a pump, use a shotgun under extreme conditions or need to use the various specialty rounds, pumps are still king of the hill. For everyone else don't over look a semi because someone told you pumps are the best.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Was there any commentary on recoil reduction stocks like Knoxx?

It seems from the pictures that there weren't that many pistol grips, was there a reason for that?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Superfluous while employing the push/pull technique.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Superfluous while employing the push/pull technique.
    So superfluous, but otherwise no downside or problems were reported? Was there a stated preference for a traditional stock as opposed to pistol grips?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    By the end of the class everyone wanted a short stock. I think PGs were simply personal preference.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Most shotgun aficionados prefer the standard stocks, shortened correctly, with no pistol grip. I've seen many of them use the 870 youth stock.

I used to spend a decent amount of time shooting shotguns and the pistol grip versions beat the crap out of me.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post

It seems from the pictures that there weren't that many pistol grips, was there a reason for that?
    Nothing on the knoxx stocks. Mostly because they are not needed.

I ran a pistol grip and liked it. In Rob's CQB position, I felt that I had good control on the weapon.

C4

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast