Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ken Hackathorn Advanced Pistol Oct. 24-25

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS View Post
    Todd,

What were your initial impressions of the Gen4?
    There are half a dozen really major points I'd make about the new Gen4 Glock:

1. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

2. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

3. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

4. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

5. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

6. It's still black.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Aw come on now Todd. Your holding out on us mere mortals. You don't have to disclose any specifics, I was just wondering if you walked away from the Gen4 impressed or if you felt it is going to be an improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There are half a dozen really major points I'd make about the new Gen4 Glock:

1. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

2. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

3. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

4. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

5. (deleted due to non-disclosure agreement)

6. It's still black.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS View Post
    You don't have to disclose any specifics, I was just wondering if you walked away from the Gen4 impressed or if you felt it is going to be an improvement?
    As I mentioned on my site last week, I intend to buy the first G19 Gen4 I can find.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Would the participants say that this was a more tactics-heavy class than some of his others or was it pretty representative of not only his classes but other instructors? What were the pre-reqs?

I've wanted to take a class from Ken for a long time.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Would the participants say that this was a more tactics-heavy class than some of his others or was it pretty representative of not only his classes but other instructors? What were the pre-reqs?

We saw a fair amount of tactics as we went through the shoot house.

I would say that if you have attended a Vickers basic pistol class AND have practiced what you learned, you should be GTG. If you do not practice, his drills will eat you up.

Ken will run the class as fast as the students will allow. So if you have a lot of HS shooters in the class (which we did), he will pull out all the stops.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-27-09 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Would the participants say that this was a more tactics-heavy class than some of his others or was it pretty representative of not only his classes but other instructors?
    All of Ken's classes are pretty heavy on tactics because that's his area of expertise. Even if he has to spend time going over the fundamentals with a class he will discuss the tactical realities of using a handgun for serious social purposes. Trigger manipulation and safety are important concepts when it comes to shooting in general...but they are both eminently more important when your life and financial future are on the line.

What were the pre-reqs?
    The formal prereq was a basic pistol class from someone else. A pistol class from someone like Larry Vickers would be SUPERB preparation for Ken's Advanced class assuming you've learned the lessons and can apply them.

Do it at your earliest opportunity.

Ken is one of the trainers out there I can recommend without the slightest bit of hesitation or qualification. Based on my experience in their classes if you have a chance to train with Ken or Larry Vickers get right on it. You will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 10-27-09 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Thanks I will be keeping an eye out for future opportunities.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345