Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK45 Articles

Feedback Score
    I was ready to stand in line for one of these until I saw the pic with the finger grooves. What a bummer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I’m certainly no fan of finger groves, I will have to be honest and admit that even the Glock versions are a non-issue for me. Yes I dislike them while just holding my G19 in my hand, but that feeling goes away when actually shooting the pistol. They just disappear.

I had seriously considered having them removed by Bowie Tactical Concepts, but shit canned the idea because of this. I figured since they do not bother me while shooting why spend the money?

If the HK45 finger groves really & truly are an issue for you I’m sure Bowie could remove them relatively cheaply. I actually thought it might be a good idea to have them texture the HK45 frame in the first place after seeing the mild texturing in the photos I posted up. I have seen some photos of the great job they do on Glock frames. It’s certainly a better idea than the skateboard tape kit I have on my Glock’s now.

I plan on sending my Crimson Trace grips off to get this done when they arrive.

Just my 2 cents.

I will still be buying both the HK45 & HK45C when they arrive.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I'd rather have without finger grooves, the first model looked better. I'll have to handle one later when they come out to see how I like it. All in all, it still looks good but that may be a deal breaker right there. Just have to see.
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc
    Dinger, did you take my copy of Shotgun news?

Oh and by the way; damn you for making me want these again
    Yes, I have your Shotgun News issue with the HK45 article. No, you are not getting it back.

My dog ate it.

Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    Yes, I have your Shotgun News issue with the HK45 article. No, you are not getting it back.

My dog ate it.

Keep it. If I get it back and I'm forced to look at it I might have to buy one or both. Out of sight, out of mind...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc
    If I get it back and I'm forced to look at it I might have to buy one or both. Out of sight, out of mind...
    Nah, we'll remind you.

Feedback Score
    I'm not as concerned with the finger grooves as I am the new flared out grip. If you look closely, HK bloated the grip's side panels out, and not in a good 1911 feel kind of way. Finger grooves are a sure fire way to make sure your handgun only appeals to one hand size, but I think HK is just pissed that 95% of USP owners use Hogue's for both looks and/or comfort.

I'm also scared with the mag release actually extending into the trigger guard. The mag release button is actually sitting higher than the top lip of the trigger guard, and I can't help but wonder if the person who came up with that concept has ever even shot a gun.

It looks to me like someone made a good handgun bad. If Modularity was the key, why make the front strap user specific and non changeable. I hope they left alot of meat in that frame, as I'd be doing what ever I could to get rid of that palm swell and the finger grooves.

Boo! (Don't mock me if I still buy one though.)
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark
    Nah, we'll remind you.

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Feedback Score
    Eww, that changes things a bit.

As with the previous posters, they've ruined what looks to be a good thing.

Now the truth will come in the handling. It sure has taken the blind want of one out.

I could do with out the SpiderMan-ish texturing on the grips as well. Maybe my son will like it when he grows up...?

It's hard to understand HK and their policies...
    Last edited by STAFF; 07-13-06 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    I was eagerly awaiting the HK45 until the finger groove pic. I hope the production model doesn't have them.

I can't stand Glocks and their finger grooves. I was going to going to cheat on my beloved Sigs and try the HK45, maybe not now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast