Page 12 of 404 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC Gear.... lets see what you've got.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    Geeeeez Derek you would think that when I hook you up with a special rifle as a favor, and that if there was a reliability issue that you would give me the opportunity to know about and fix the issue instead of hearing about it on a public forum for the first time. Well,.. I hope the new owner at least knows enough to contact KAC if he is having any kind of problems with the rifle.
    Imagine how frustrated an owner, who dropped a substantial amount of money on a firearm, would be if it wasn't reliable?

Sorry, unlike some KAC owners, I shoot my shit and expect it to perform. This one didnt.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    Hey brother, just so you know I'm not a cop, I've never been a cop and will never be a cop. So that basically means I officially don't know shit when it comes to weapons that LEOs use, and I will not pretend that I do. I just wanted to get that out of the way here.

However, that said, wouldn't an Aimpoint red dot sight be better for a standard patrol rifle (overall) than the variable power scope you have on your SR-15? I mean, you could easily add an Aimpoint 3X magnifier on a Larue Tactical flip-to-side mount to have some magnification. I would just assume (once again, not a cop here, just making an assumption only) that your likely engagement distances, even the longest possible ones, wouldn't require that scope you currently have mounted.

I'm not trying to step on your toes here either, brother. And I apologize if I might sound like I'm a bit out of my lane on this one. I just love my aimpoint T-1 on my KAC SR-15 E3, and am more than confident that I can make my hits at range if need be without magnification of any kind (although if I was in your line of work and had the rare scenario of a bad guy with a gun to a hostage's head, I would like to have the magnification of the 3X sitting behind the aimpoint, even at 50 yards, just for good measure and added confidence).

Anyways, just a though, bro. Like I said, I'm not a cop and could totally be 100% wrong here. I just thought it was worth bringing up. If nothing else, I'll probably learn something out of it either way, which is always a good thing.

Take care and Semper Fi,

Paul
    Some people can get along with the 3X magnifiers and some cannot. I tried one and didn't like it. Also remember by the time you add up the RDS/mount and mag/mount you're looking at over $1k. For roughly 1k that opens up a lot doors into the 1-4X optic world....

Then you either have to go with an ACOG or 1-4X type scope.

Again some people don't like ACOG's if you have to do close in work.

So people go with the 1-4X. Ive had my short-dot for about 2 years, and its an awesome optic for the role where you want both close in RDS type shooting and can go up to 4X if the need arises. Only draw back on the Short-Dot is the weight, size, and price. It feels very out of place on an SBR. I put it on my LaRue 16" upper and its perfect in that setup. Its definately a niche item. Between the heavier LaRue barrel and Short-Dot that upper is a beast....just have to work out to carry it around all day....lol

Pic thread:

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    Imagine how frustrated an owner, who dropped a substantial amount of money on a firearm, would be if it wasn't reliable?

Sorry, unlike some KAC owners, I shoot my shit and expect it to perform. This one didnt.

Sucks to hear. Always drooled over that one!

Pic thread:

URX install-

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post

I think that’s bullshit and you know its bullshit. Trey went out on a limb for you and hooked you up with the ability to get an SR-25 battle carbine, yes you had to pay for it but any business man knows you can’t give away shit for free. Yes it sucks it had problems but you should have given him a chance to fix it no matter what it was because shit happens. It could have been something simple and stupid, he extended a hand of friendship out to you and you just said **** you to him. Hell he more than likely would have done anything to fix it for free and or replaced it if it came down to it, to see that you where a satisfied customer. It amazes me the lack of couth many have when dealing with other people, and it’s not like Trey is a dick quite the opposite as he is one of the nicest guys in the Industry.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    Hey brother, just so you know I'm not a cop, I've never been a cop and will never be a cop. So that basically means I officially don't know shit when it comes to weapons that LEOs use, and I will not pretend that I do. I just wanted to get that out of the way here.

However, that said, wouldn't an Aimpoint red dot sight be better for a standard patrol rifle (overall) than the variable power scope you have on your SR-15? I mean, you could easily add an Aimpoint 3X magnifier on a Larue Tactical flip-to-side mount to have some magnification. I would just assume (once again, not a cop here, just making an assumption only) that your likely engagement distances, even the longest possible ones, wouldn't require that scope you currently have mounted.

I'm not trying to step on your toes here either, brother. And I apologize if I might sound like I'm a bit out of my lane on this one. I just love my aimpoint T-1 on my KAC SR-15 E3, and am more than confident that I can make my hits at range if need be without magnification of any kind (although if I was in your line of work and had the rare scenario of a bad guy with a gun to a hostage's head, I would like to have the magnification of the 3X sitting behind the aimpoint, even at 50 yards, just for good measure and added confidence).

Anyways, just a though, bro. Like I said, I'm not a cop and could totally be 100% wrong here. I just thought it was worth bringing up. If nothing else, I'll probably learn something out of it either way, which is always a good thing.

Take care and Semper Fi,

Paul
    Step on toes? Of course not. Any opinion is welcome. I have an Eotech on another gun and like that set up. A well repsected trainer that I have worked with has his gun set up with a variable 1-4 and has had good results with it . My area can get into some extended shots so I figured I would give it a try and so far am pleased with the results. It did take some time getting used to to shooting it with both eyes open, which is still pretty quick on target on the 1x setting.
    Law Enforcement Memorial
    In Valor There Is Hope - Tacitus

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep297 View Post
    Nice.
    Specs please.

~tp

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPD03 View Post
    Step on toes? Of course not. Any opinion is welcome. I have an Eotech on another gun and like that set up. A well repsected trainer that I have worked with has his gun set up with a variable 1-4 and has had good results with it . My area can get into some extended shots so I figured I would give it a try and so far am pleased with the results. It did take some time getting used to to shooting it with both eyes open, which is still pretty quick on target on the 1x setting.

I actually find it helps me because Im left eye dominate and right handed. I shot for so long before I figured that out I keep shooting right handed as Ive never been able to be near as good left handed. Anyways I have a very slight astigmatism in my left eye which is why Im left eye dominate. The left eye is slightly stronger than my right so it took over. I used to shoot competitive trap, and would stick a peice of scotch tape on the bottom of the left lens which forced my right eye to take over. I ended up getting custom shooting glasses which were very slightly stronger on the right side and had the same effect as the scotch tape.

With the 1.1X bottom end it has the same effect for me where my right eye is seeing 1.1X and my left is just 1.0 basically. My right eye takes over and I see (while shooting) how a normal set of eyes would be at 1.0 left and 1.0 right.

Some people with the opposite problem as me sometimes say the 1.1X has a fishbowl effect for them, and don't like it.

Eyes have a lot more to do with this type of stuff than people give them credit for. In the trap shooting world eyes were a lot bigger deal. You saw people with the tape on their glasses, $200 custom lenses in 2-3 different shades, different sight beads, et cetera.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by Stickman; 10-18-09 at 14:23.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    There are plenty of KAC users that need their rifles to work every day. Your rifle was from a batch of guns that went to a mil. group so if there is an issue with one I want to know about it. I would also like the opportunity to make it right. It is a little more important than a hobby to some of us.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 12 of 404 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast